Who has the right to wear a red beret? History and description
Red beret is a symbol of the troops subdivisionspecial purpose. In another way, this headdress is called maroon. It is worn by the most worthy. It's about the best division of special forces. About who has the right to wear this beret, you will learn further.
A bit of history
For the first time the red beret troops began to wear in the 80'syears. At that time in the USSR the Olympiad was supposed to take place and, accordingly, such an event required serious preparation and special precautions. Therefore, not long before the sports event, a special company was created. It was from it that the famous "Knight" appeared to the whole world.
The red beret was necessary for the military to differ from other troops. The color scheme was chosen not accidentally - the red tint was a symbol of the internal troops of the country.
The first batch of berets was produced in quantityfifty pieces. Due to deficiency of dyes, the headdress became half green, half red. Until 1985, the beret was worn only on parades. For some time this symbol was for all special forces. However, later the red beret deserved, undergoing certain tests. Until the 1990s, examinations for the right to wear this headgear were carried out behind the scenes, but after the adoption of the clause of 31.05.1993 by General Kulikov everything went into the framework of the law. The document outlined what qualification tests the military must undergo in order to get the same beret beret.
How to deserve a red beret?
Many people have questions about who is wearingred beret, which troops are considered worthy of this right. To determine the circle of the best servicemen, qualification tests were invented. The main objectives of such an examination are as follows:
- stimulating the education of high moral qualities;
- identification of servicemen with the best preparation for the release of hostages, in emergency situations, etc.
Tests for obtaining such an award, as a red beret, are held in two stages. Servicemen must pass the preliminary examination and the main one.
The first tests involve an inspection of the militarySpecial program for the entire period of study. The score must be at least four. The servicemen should show excellent results on special physical, tactical and fire training. Testing includes:
- Running for a distance of 3000 meters.
- Exercises on the abdominal press.
- Pulling up.
- Jumping out of the squat.
- Push ups.
- The emphasis is lying, the emphasis is squat.
Applicants for the red beret are tested a few days before the start of the qualification tests. All the exercises are repeated seven times. The main tests include:
- March-throw (12 km).
- Four sets of hand-to-hand combat.
- Special obstacle course.
- Acrobatic exercises.
- Speed shooting, examination for fatigue.
- Conducting training duels.
What can a red beret take for?
They are deprived of the right to wear this headgear for several reasons. As a rule, for actions that discredit the title of serviceman:
- violation of military discipline, statutes and legislation;
- reduction in the level of training (physical and special);
- cowardice and cowardice during hostilities;
- unreasonable actions and miscalculations, which entailed serious consequences (failure of the task, death of servicemen, etc.)
Red beret does not get to all. As practice shows, only a third of those who wish receive the desired headdress. Features of the tests are as follows:
- If the serviceman has three or more comments, then he is removed from testing.
- Helping and prompting the subjects is not allowed. Instructors do not interfere with the process during the passage of all obstacles.
- Earlier the standard for "high-altitude" was 30 seconds, since 2009 it is 45 seconds.
- Special forces units are not allowed to decorate a red beret. Ukraine, as well as other countries in which servicemen wear this headgear, also adheres to these rules.
- "Krapoviki" are different from the rest of the berth's inclination angle. They carry it to the left side, while the Marines and the Airborne Forces are on the right side.
- Beret does not change. A faded hat is considered even more prestigious.
- Only those who have served under the contract can take part in the tests. The innovation was made after reducing the term of service to one year.
- Red berets are also worn in Ukraine, inBelarus, Uzbekistan, and Kazakhstan. However, the order and the rules of testing are the same for all states. Common examinations, which are still held today in other countries, are hand-to-hand combat, shooting from regular weapons, march-throw. All other tests are individual.
Crimson (red) beret awarded only the most courageous and brave soldiers. Their professional, moral and physical qualities are at the highest level.