Where to remove the car from the register?
Each car owner is obliged to pay tax on the use of a vehicle, but if the car is resold, disposed of or transported abroad, the tax rules change. In the first two cases, the former owner is exempt from taxes, in the latter - the tax is subsequently determined by the laws of the country in which the car was transported. However, in order for these patterns to take effect, the owner of the car must remove the vehicle from the register. About how and where to remove the car from the register, read our article.
Where can I remove a vehicle from the register?
Remove the car from the account can only be in the traffic police. This is the law. Only the traffic police unit has the right to remove or put the vehicle on the account.
Documents required for deregistration
To remove a vehicle from the register, you need to visit the traffic police department in which your car is registered, with the following documents:
- vehicle registration certificate;
- license plate of the car;
- an application for removing the car from the register (filled in the traffic police on samples from information boards);
- receipt of payment of the transport fee (if necessary, the fee will be paid directly to the traffic police).
Be also prepared to pay all sorts of taxes and duties. First, everyone will have to pay a fee for removing the vehicle from the register. In addition, if your car needs an expert assessment, you will need to pay for its work and the service of drawing up an examination certificate. Receiving transit numbers (if necessary) is also a paid service.
For credit car
In the event that the vehicle was purchased on credit, the owner must provide the following documents (in addition to the above):
- lending and pledge agreements (originals);
- certificate of loan repayment;
- an extract from the state register of movable property, certified by a notary.
The procedure for removing a vehicle from the register is not difficult, but it is important to understand that in the traffic police you will encounter huge lines, and therefore try to provide all the necessary documents in the correct form from the first time.