What is eating in England?
British cuisine, which is known for its variety of mouth-watering dishes, has teamed up with the culinary traditions of the whole world. The cuisine of England has changed significantly in recent decades. Now in the UK, Italian, French and Oriental cuisines are more in demand than the traditional dishes of England, Northern Ireland, Wales and Scotland. In many cities of Great Britain, following Italian, Indian restaurants, Moroccan, Thai, and Russian establishments appeared.
People from all over the world come to England, bringing with them their culinary recipes, new products, sauces, and share the secrets of cooking. If earlier it was possible to try only traditional English dishes, for example, fish and chips, fish and chips, now they are offering to evaluate Spanish paella, Indian curry.
Traditional dishes of England
Different regions of the country have their own specialties.
- Yorkshire Pie is a spiced dough pudding, often served with meat.
- Blood sausage is what they eat in England.
- Scotland is famous for veal scars with special seasoning and giblets, oat cakes and shortbread cookies.
- Fruit bread, red seaweed crispbread and croutons with cheese are offered in Wales.
- “Kolkannon” is a dish of potatoes and mashed vegetables, gourmets will try potatoes with green onions in Northern Ireland.
In English cuisine, food is cooked with almost no sauces. Some dishes in England sauces and are not needed, for example, roast beef, steak with blood. Do not give heat treatment, and vegetables, so they retain their taste. A variety of bread puddings serve as bread substitutes. Cold snacks and meat dishes are also served at the table.
- First breakfast at 8 am: usually eat oatmeal with milk, scrambled eggs with ham, fried bacon, pies, butter. And also serves hot strong tea or coffee with cream.
- Lunch around 1:00 pm: sandwiches with ham, pate, pork, fish, hot drinks and juices are served.
- Five-o-clock evening tea: drink tea with milk with muffins, buns, cookies.
- Lunch (dinner) - at 18-20 hours.
- All kinds of green pea puree soups.
- Vegetable soup-puree.
- Broth with croutons and vegetables.
- The second dishes.
- Of the meat, the most popular is beef steak with a side dish of rice with tomato seasoning.
- A fish.
- Ice cream.
- Fresh berries and fruits.
- Mulled wine.
After dessert, black coffee is served, and there is always butter and cold water on the table. Now you know what the traditional dishes of England.