What to cook for meat?
It so happened that as a side dish for meat, we all usually cook porridge, potatoes or pasta.
If these traditional side dishes are already pretty fed up with your household, and you don’t know what to cook for meat again, we recommend using one of our recipes.
What can be cooked for garnish for meat
Try at least once to change the usual course of things, experiment in the kitchen and cook for dinner an unusual, incredibly tasty, and at the same time very useful vegetable side dish, for example, baked carrots.
Spicy Baked Carrot
To make this savory vegetable side dish you will need the following ingredients:
- carrots (medium-sized, sweet carrot bright orange) - 0.6 kg:
- butter and vegetable - one tablespoon each;
- ground spices: coriander, cardamom, sweet paprika and zira - one teaspoon;
- cinnamon and black pepper - half a teaspoon;
- bay leaf - one leaf.
- Set the oven thermostat to the 200 ° C mark and turn it on.
- While the oven is warming up, clean the carrot and cut it along with thick sticks (thicker than a pencil). If the carrot is small, you can simply cut it into halves or quarters.
- Put the carrots in a bowl and pour boiling water over it. After 2-3 minutes, drain the water, dry the carrots and put it into a mold, the bottom of which is thickly greased with butter. Top with carrot pour vegetable oil and put the form in the oven for a quarter of an hour.
- During this time, chop the bay leaf, mix it with all the other spices. Remove the form from the oven, sprinkle the carrot with the spicy mixture, mix it gently and send it back to the oven to fry.
- In a few minutes, when the carrot sticks are soft inside and the crispy golden crust is covered on top, the carrot will be ready.
Such baked carrots can be served as a garnish for minced meat products or for meat fried in portions.
Cauliflower fried with egg whites
This low-calorie side dish with a delicate taste is best suited to dietary meat dishes. It is perfectly combined with dumplings, steam cutlets, boiled beef or chicken.
For its preparation you will need the following products:
- a small cauliflower head weighing about 600 g;
- one large onion;
- 2 cloves of garlic;
- eggs (only egg whites will be needed) - 3 pcs .;
- butter - a few tablespoons;
- salt, nutmeg and black pepper - to your taste.
- Rinse the cabbage, disassemble it into florets and pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Peel the garlic and onion, chop the onion very finely, skip the chives through the press.
- Put cauliflower blossoms in a blender and chop them finely (pieces of cabbage should be no larger than a pea). If you do not have a blender, grate the cabbage on a coarse grater.
- In a thick-walled pan, melt the butter, put the onion and garlic in it.
- Sweat them until soft on low heat.
- Separate the squirrels into a cup and stir them with a fork.
- Pour the proteins into the pan and heat them slightly, while continuously stir them with a spatula and break into separate small lumps.
- When the egg whites roll up, put the chopped cabbage into the pan, salt it, sprinkle with grated nutmeg and ground pepper.Fry cabbage with egg whites on low heat, stir them all the time and do not cover with a lid. You need to fry for a short time - in 5-7 minutes the side dish will be ready.