What should I do if the battery on the phone is swollen? Why is the battery more often on the phone?
Unfortunately, humanity has not yet come up withmechanisms that are able to work continuously and at the same time not to wear out. Surely, many of us noticed that a few months after the acquisition of a mobile phone, it starts to discharge faster. But it's not as scary as bloating the battery. What should I do if the battery on the phone is swollen?
Signs of a bloated battery
Determine that the battery began to swell, you can by the following signs:
- The back panel of the smartphone, covering the battery, constantly "flies off", it is difficult to close it.
- The period of the phone with a fully charged battery is only a few hours.
- There was a need for constant recharging of the phone.
- A smartphone is often overloaded, spontaneously turned on and off.
- The gadget works over 2 years.
It is generally believed that the battery for the phone works no more than 3 years. It is for this period that it is calculated. After that, the battery gradually loses its capacity and swells.
Is it possible to use the phone (battery is blown up)?
After the discovery of this defect, many will decide thatInstant replacement of the battery is not needed, because it may last for some time. Of course, the phone will often fail and require recharging. If you do not replace the battery in time, then at the most unexpected moment the device will stop working, and it will have to be taken for repair or even discarded. This is because the batteries contain dangerous substances that can penetrate inside the gadget, which will cause him irreparable damage.
A blown battery is dangerous not only fordevice. More and more often on thematic forums one can find reports of explosions of mobile phones. And this, as you know, is dangerous not only for the owner himself, but also for his relatives, friends, neighbors. The explosion occurs due to the accumulation of gases in the battery. Therefore, it is extremely dangerous to store a blown battery in the house.
It is also important to note that recyclingLithium-ion batteries with conventional debris can not. The matter is that even after recycling they continue to be dangerous to the environment. The failed battery should be taken to specialized collection and disposal points.
Causes of Defect
Why is the battery on the phone blown up? The reasons for this can be a lot:
- Manufacturing defect. Quite often the defect occurs in batteries produced in China, and is detected within a month from the beginning of using the phone.
- Bumps, falling smartphone. At the same time, the battery may become unusable even if the housing is in excellent condition.
- The owner does not charge the phone correctly. For example, with a sharp disconnection from the charger, the resource is consumed.
- Drop the phone into the water.
- Use the device at high or low temperature.
- Use of an unoriginal charger.
- Incorrect storage. To this case carry storage of phone in pockets, bags, purses.
- Use the phone for over 2 years.
How can I extend the life of my phone?
The battery for the phone can last longer if the following recommendations are observed:
- Disable Wi-Fi, GPS and other applications if you do not want it to minimize power consumption.
- Remove the battery and inspect it. Batteries with an aluminum housing on the side panel have a special connector. When it is lifted, the gases begin to exit, and after a while the battery will again become flat.
- The battery should be recharged when fully discharged. In this case, each subsequent charging should be brought to 100%.
- Keep the phone in a special case and protect it from moisture, falls and other external influences.
- Use only high-quality and original chargers that are right for your phone model.
- The battery should be monitored at least once every 2-3 months. Such periodic checks will make it possible to evaluate the performance of the battery.
When should I buy a new battery?
What to do if the battery on the phone is swollen, we have already considered. But is there a need to buy a new battery? You need to buy a new battery under the following circumstances:
- The maximum operating time of the phone without recharging was reduced to several hours.
- The phone stopped taking charge. First, make sure that the charger is functioning.
Was the battery on the phone blown - the warranty case?
Do the battery caseswarranty? First of all, it is worth noting that the failed battery will not be repaired, since it is subject to disposal. The warranty obligations include the repair of the phone, but this case is still a guarantee. The seller must provide the buyer a similar phone model for the repair period. Also, the device can be returned to the seller, for this it is necessary to write an appropriate claim.
So, what to do if the battery on the phonebloated? Since the battery is very dangerous, further use leads to fire, and sometimes to explosions. If a defect is found, turn off the phone and do not connect it to the charger. If the battery is removable, it should be removed and contact the service center. Throw it in a normal trash can not be, for this you need to contact the reception point, which can be found via the Internet.
An inflated battery is not uncommon inNowadays. According to statistics, about 80% of the batteries are out of order, working more than 3 years. What to do if the battery on the phone is swollen, we examined in detail. To avoid such a breakdown, you should follow these recommendations. A blown battery is dangerous not only for the owner of the phone, but also for the surrounding. Dispose of it at special reception points. If the phone is under warranty, the battery will be replaced at the service center, since it can not be repaired.