What plant scares off the smell of moth? What is the mole afraid of?
Despite the fact that we always try to keephis home is in order, sometimes uninvited guests invade him. One of them is a mole. This is a very annoying insect, which in a short time can do a lot of dirty tricks and cause material damage. Scientists allocate about 30 kinds of moths: fruit, cabbage, grain, carpet, wool ...
Let's talk about the pests that appear in theapartments. They settle not only in chests of drawers with woolen and fur things, but also in kitchen boxes with food. It is important not to delay and get rid of insects until they developed too much, and they did not spoil the clothes and all the stocks of cereals in the house. This can be done only with the help of drugs that kill the moth.
For prevention, it is not necessary to take harmfulpesticide. They can be found by children or animals. It is necessary to find out which plant scares off the mole with its odor, and use it. This is no less effective, but absolutely safe for health method.
Lavender - beautiful, thermophilic and evergreena shrub with gently purple flowers. Her homeland is the Mediterranean. Less whimsical English lavender, some growers and grow in our conditions.
Its flowers and leaves are widely used incosmetic and perfume products. Lavender is also known as a plant that repels a moth with its odor. The moth does not tolerate the sharp aroma that this flower possesses.
Dry grass of lavender can be bought at the pharmacy, packed in rag bags and put them all over the house. Then hardly any winged pest wont want to fly and settle in your apartment.
Tansy, unlike lavender, in our localitygrows almost everywhere. Even on vacant lots and near roads in the city one can see its bright yellow inflorescences, which in the people were called "wild rowan". It is considered a medicinal plant from which the anthelmintic preparations are made.
If you ask the herbalists what plantfrightens off the smell of the moth, the answer will be like this - tansy and herbal gatherings with her. After all, it was she who became famous as one of the best preventive remedies for moths. Insects do not tolerate the spicy smell of these flowers.
Dry grass and tansy powder can be purchased from pharmacists or collected and harvested independently. Putting it in the habitat of butterflies, you will soon find that they are no more.
And what plant scares off the smell of moth andis there in every garden? Of course, this is a useful and medicinal dill. Its greenery contains vitamins C and B, folic and nicotinic acids, keratin, and also salts of calcium, sodium, potassium, iron and phosphorus. That is why it has expectorant, diuretic effects and improves the activity of the digestive system. In addition, dill is delicious, and no summer salad can do without it.
Latin name of spice Anetum graveolensmeans "strongly smelling". This sharp, specific smell is familiar to us from childhood. And the dried dill will be useful in the winter not only for the preparation of tasty and fragrant dishes, but also will drive out the moth from the kitchen.
Our grandmothers knowingly loved to grow onwindowsills fragrant geranium, blooming almost all year round. This house plant, repelling the moth, is known as one of the best folk remedies. Its stems and leaves, when touched, give off an unpleasant, sharp odor that insects do not like.
To get rid of moths in cabinets, you need to lay outon the shelves fresh leaves of geranium. When they wither and cease to smell, you need to replace them with new ones. You can use geranium oil. To do this, you need 25 drops to add a liter of water and wash all the furniture with this solution. After such a procedure, the moth does not exactly want to live in your closets.
Refreshing moth protection
Plectranthus is another houseplant,scaring the mole with its smell. The moth hates the essential oil that is contained in its leaves. This shrub, which hails from South America, has long been popular in our country. Many decorate their windows. The plant is unpretentious. Contain it can even beginners. Plectranthus refreshes the air, bringing at the same time fragrant notes of lemon balm, mint, camphor and lemon. Butterfly-pests avoid similar smells. That is why people called the flower a "mole tree".
Virtually none of the herbs are so often used in non-traditional medicine, like wormwood. You can find it in dry ravines by the river or on sunny clearings in the forest.
Stems and flowers need to be harvested in July, thenproperly dry them in a shaded place. The ready-made grass should be spread out over bags or knit in brooms and hang. It is difficult to say which plant scares off the mole with its odor better than bunches of wormwood. Even ants, cockroaches, fleas and flies are cautious. Washing the floor and furniture with the decoction of this herb, you will get rid of not only the annoying insects, but also create in the apartment the atmosphere of the summer meadow thanks to the pleasant fragrance of wormwood.
A few simple rules
To moth does not start in your home, you need not only to know which plant repels the moth, but also observe some simple rules.
- In dry and hot weather in summer, take out ondrying all warm clothes, blankets, carpets and pillows. The moth does not like the sun, as it leads a night and gloomy lifestyle. The same thing should be done in the cold. From changes in temperature, all butterflies and their larvae die.
- Get rid of all unnecessary things, make cabinetsspacious. All clothing in them must be clean. Put pieces of household or strawberry soap between things. Fur coats and woolen coats with natural collars in plastic bags with a snake or in special paper covers treated with antifilament agent. Remember, the moth hates purity.
- Find out which plant scares off the smell of moth. Make a sachet out of it and put it in the chest of drawers.
- Kitchen furniture periodically wash with a soap solution or with essential oils of fir, lavender, cloves. All the cracks and grooves in the cabinets carefully cover with vinegar. The moth avoids all these smells.
- Grocery store in tightly closed glass jars or in containers tightly bound with plastic bags.
- Often ventilate the apartment and open the doors of furniture. The smell of caked things attracts a moth to them.
- Cover the ventilation with a small capron or metal mesh to prevent insects from entering your housing.
- Products in which you find larvae of moths, do not regret and immediately throw it away. If they are spoiled a little, go through, and then necessarily dry them in a hot oven or microwave.
- Gnaw insects woolen things for eggs, treat them with special means from moths and wash.
- After finding a flying butterfly-pest, check all the food stocks and clothes in the cabinets. The main thing is to take timely measures in time.
Which plant scares off the smell of mothmost effectively? This can be learned if you try everything. Do not forget that the moth, having got used to the fragrance, will stop responding to it. Therefore, you need to periodically replace plants. And it is even better to make a collection of several.