What is the flag and where is it used?
What is the flag, people knew enoughlong. Emperors, military leaders, trade associations somehow used this form for their own identification. So, when talking about what a flag is, first of all, it should immediately be indicated that this is some sort of an identifiable material sign. Essentially, heis a cloth of a certain form thathas a certain color (or combination of colors), sometimes with images of various figures placed on it. Such a cloth is necessarily an expression of a certain symbolism and performs the function of identifying its owner.
What are they like?
And they can be very diverse. There are two options for the classification of flags: in form and in accordance with their purpose. By their designation flags can be recognizable, decorative and signal.
What is the flag of identification?
Identification flags are necessarily inherentcategories of any owners. They are used when it is necessary to demonstrate their presence or belonging to the owner: a merchant ship, a military formation, an administrative building, and so on. Identification flags are of several types.
- National - that is, those that are the symbol of individual nations.
- The flag is a symbol of the state.Demonstrates the right of the authorities of a certain country to anything: territory, object. For example, the flag of the Russian Federation (the photo of which is given in this article) indicates that a particular territory belongs to this state. The flag of a conditional public organization will demonstrate its presence at a public event, a rally for example.
- International belongs to international organizations.
- Departmental flags identify public organizations, enterprises, educational institutions and so on.
- Eventive. There are also such flags. They rise during certain events and indicate the very fact of its holding at the moment.
What is an alarm flag?
Most often it is used in marine conditions,although it is also found on land. Such a flag is needed in a variety of atypical situations: during the fighting (white flag), sports (in Formula 1 races) and so on.
What is a decorative flag?
Decorative flags are very popular, the codeyou need something to decorate or just have fun. They are often used on significant and festive occasions to decorate buildings, streets, various structures, to create large-scale performances. At the same time, it should be noted that during national or simply mass holidays, state and other identification flags are often used. The latter can not be regarded as decorative. Since only those flags that do not have a special symbolism can be called decorative, they are not associated with any signal and identification values, in general, they are used only for artistic external decoration.