What is excel?
Active users of MS Office do not need to explain what Excel is, since the program is the second most popular after Word among office programs. A program is sometimes called a tabular processor, since it is designed to work with tabular data. The program has found wide application in the circle of accountants, economists and people of other specialties, whose work is related to the processing of mathematical data.
Microsoft Excel features
An Excel worksheet is a table in which text and numeric information can be entered. Unlike Word, this table allows you to perform various mathematical calculations (addition, multiplication, percent calculation, etc.). Microsoft Excel has a wide range of functions for both novice users and professionals:
- financial - designed for planning financial and economic activities, making calculations for investing funds;
- dates and time - they realize the possibility to use in the calculations the values of date and time, presented in the form of numbers;
- mathematical and trigonometric - used to speed up and simplify the process of computing;
- statistical - used for statistical analysis of data based on the study of sets and samples, as well as analysis of probabilities;
- views and links - designed to work with links (cell addresses, cell size, etc.);
- databases - allow you to manage lists and Excel databases using autofilters, as well as perform statistical analysis of the data placed in them;
- text - designed for word processing (converting upper-case letters to lower-case, text values to numeric, etc.);
- brain teaser;
- informational - for work in macros.
Some of the listed functions are included in the standard installation package of the program, others are available only after the installation of the corresponding package.
What is Excel for?
Based on the listed functions, the program can be used for:
- economic calculations;
- carrying out statistical calculations;
- plotting diagrams;
- automation of accounting and engineering calculations;
- processing large amounts of data;
- solving equations;
- analysis of the results;
- implementation of some functions of non-standard form;
- cartographic works;
- protect data from unauthorized use.