What is a congestion? Variety of meanings, synonyms, characteristic of the concept
In this article we will examine in detail the common word, which at the same time contains a number of meanings that are not known to everyone. Do you know what a congestion is? Let's take a closer look at the term.
What is a congestion?
So, we will look at all word meanings existing in Russian:
- This is the name for the accumulation of ice in the river beds, observed during the spring ice drift. The phenomenon causes the difficulty of the natural flow of water, which leads to the raising of the level of the latter. Places of congestion are shallows, narrowing and bending of rivers (in other words, winding parts of the watercourse).
- Traffic congestion (or traffic jam) - congestion on the motorway of the vehicle, traveling at an average speed that is significantly lower than the normal speed of movement on this part of the road. The phenomenon that causes low throughput of the segment of the road, complicated by a large number of vehicles in this unpleasant situation.
- In a general sense: stop, delay in progress, the accumulation of any moving objects - people, objects, animals and so on.
- A word derived from the verb "to rub". A term quite popular in Russia of the sixteenth century. He meant a flour, bread base, diluted with water and left for fermentation, in distillery, brewing, kvass cooking. In some recipes to the grain, bran was added charcoal, bark or moss.
- Congestion is also a Polish city located on the Skawa River. There is also a parish (gmina) Zator in the same country. This is the administrative unit of the Auschwitz County. But the Commune of Congestion is already the county of Pultusky county (Poland, Masovian Voivodeship).
For the majority of Russian rivers, an uneven release from the ice cover along the entire length of the channel is typical. As a consequence - the formation of congestion and zazhori (retaining the water level due to the fact that the natural flow is clogged with sludge - the accumulation of small pieces of ice in the thickness of the river and on its surface). In turn, this leads to a sharp rise in the level of the river, which causes flooding and flooding.
What is a congestion? This is a consequence of the destruction of the ice cover, the accumulation of drifting ice floes. There may be two types:
- Diving - ice floes fall under the still not destroyed ice sheet of the river. The phenomenon is more characteristic of narrow rivers.
- Burdening - a consequence of the movement and pile ice on each other. Occurs on wide rivers due to breaking of the ice cover by waves or in the case of spring floods.
If the river flows from north to south, then a congestion should be expected in the lower part of the basin of its main channel. If from south to north, then, on the contrary, at the top.
Synonyms, word formation
Knowing what a congestion is, it is easy to find alternatives to the word, replacement:
- water feeder;
From the word mash you can also form a series of adjectives:mash, mash, mashand so on
Now you know all the existing meanings of a given word. Congestion is not only a traffic jam or a phenomenon in the spring river ice drift, it is a very ambiguous term.