What is asbestos sheet and what is it used for?
Unique properties of asbestos allowUse this material in very many industries. Basically - this is the production of asbestos-cement materials, which are used for construction, as well as for shipbuilding, rocket engineering, machine building, automotive, electrochemical, chemical, tractor and aviation industries.
Asbestos sheet - this is a practical material,which serves as an effective thermal insulation for the premises of any destination. Asbestos sheet, the price of which is not too high, can be used not only in industry, but also for private needs. Such sheets, as a rule, cover the roofs. When it is manufactured, all the requirements of GOST for safe and reliable use are taken into account.
Asbestos sheetshas a fibrous structure, this gives the produced products a high index of thermal insulation properties.
The importance of using this material is due,first of all, the ability to prevent the ignition of building structures. This material is very resistant to high temperatures and can become a barrier to open fire.
Also this material is used to seal the connections of communications, instruments, as well as equipment and thermal insulation of pipelines or high-temperature units.
You can buy asbestos for small worksretail, but after buying it is important to keep it correctly. In order to avoid deterioration in the characteristics of the material, it must be stored in a closed dry place, eliminating the possibility of water falling on the material.
Asbestos is very simple to use and does not requireprofessional skills or tools for its use. At the same time, the structure of asbestos is endowed with high indicators of durability, reliability and strength due to its similarity to rock.
Asbestos board has many advantages, among which is the following:
- resistance to temperatures up to 500 degrees without ignition of the material;
- a long period of use;
- high-quality structure;
- does not mold and is not covered with a fungus, since it is sufficiently resistant to biological factors.
Asbestos board is also cushioned for general use.
Asbestos sheet is produced in the following grades, according to the state standard GOST 2850-95:
- KAON-1. Asbestos sheets of general purpose with a maximum temperature of up to 500 degrees;
- KAON-2. Serves as a seal for equipment and instruments. Also has temperature limits for gases - up to 500 gr., Organic compounds - up to 400 gr., The same restriction on solutions of salts and melts, alkalis - up to 200 gr., And inorganic acids - up to 120g. Celsius.
- PAC - cushioning board made of asbestos. Used as a soft core in combined seals. Basically, these are blocks of cylinders of diesel and carburetor engines.
Asbestos sheet is produced with standard dimensions of 1000x800 mm, but the thickness of the sheet can be different: from two millimeters to a centimeter. The refractoriness of the material depends on the thickness.