What is a bibliography, its types? What are the requirements for bibliographic description?
What is a bibliography, its types and what are the requirements for writing This literary section is intended a separate place in the publishing direction. All life, thoughts, sufferings of this or that person are revealed in this very direction - bibliography. Books tell the best about people's lives and the work of writers. The life events of the greatest composers of ancient times can be revealed to the present generation only with the help of such texts. What is a bibliography?
Meaning of the word "bibliography"
Bibliography (with other Greek. - "literature", "correspondence books", "book", "line") - a kind of informative work, the essence of which is considered informative guide, informative infrastructure, providing the collection, promotion and use of bibliographic data.The most important problems of bibliography are the unification of bibliographic work in the existing number of bibliographic mappings, the formation of bibliographic indexes and citation indices, the systematization of papers. This work is studied in the framework of bibliography, as well as academic extracts. What is a bibliography?
Elements of the bibliographic display are given in a precise order and are divided among themselves by relative partitive symbols. For this separation, there is a definite list of characters, between which there should be no spaces. A rare case is the design (.) And (,). In this case, spaces are used only after placement of characters.
Scheme display bibliographic descriptions in books:
- title (name of creator);
- main title: data relating to the table of contents (Sat. Art., manual, guide, etc.); Liability data (creators, compilers, editors and others); reprint data;
- role of publication (city): book publishing, time of publication;
- volume (number of pages).
Registration of the bibliographic list
To the question of what bibliography is, it was answered above, but now the list of descriptions will be parsed. Bibliographic includes the same descriptions used (cited, inspected, referred to) and recommended documents.
General principles of the bibliographic list:
- numbering of applied literature, continuity starts from the first to the last source;
- It is recommended that the list of used literature be compiled on the basis of the index of names (in the aggregate alphabetical order of the creators and headings) in the following order: sources in the Russian style; sources in styles for people using Cyrillic; sources in styles for those who perceive Latin; sources in styles for those who use graphics;
- electronic tools are included in a single book-list in accordance with the marked system;
- Presentation of keys entered in the list is made in accordance with existing bibliographic instructions defined in 2003.
Bibliography - GOST, requirements
The state standard (STANDARD) 7.1-2003, affecting the rules for writing a bibliography, states that the bibliographic list is able to contain:
- presentation of one version of the publication (books, collections, abstracts, dissertations, electronic data, etc.);
- The idea of the constituent part of this document is analytical and bibliographic (notes of the collection, journal, etc.).
Thus, it should be concluded that any printed matter has its own requirements for the design of a bibliographic list. This simplifies the process of creating a work.