What can be made of rowan?
Rowan berries are not to everyone's taste, but of them prepare tasty and simple dishes and drinks. It will be interesting to you to read about its useful properties in our article:. And about what can be done from mountain ash, we will now tell.
Stocks for the winter
What can be made of chokeberry for the winter? For example, the semblance of jam - wipe it with sugar, which will be much healthier and no less tasty. The recipe is available even for inexperienced cooks. Take rowan and sugar in the ratio 2: 1. For example, like this:
- 1 kg of berries;
- 0.5 kg of sugar.
The prepared ingredients are ground and taken 2-3 times a day or as desired. This mixture strengthens the vessels.
We keep vitamins - frozen berries
Berries can be sent to the freezer, spreading them in plastic containers, thereby preserving their properties. With winter avitaminosis, eat a handful of berries daily - the supply of vitamins will be quickly replenished.
Dried berry - in tea
Another option is dried berry. To obtain it, use a special dryer or oven.The temperature for drying is not more than 40 degrees.
Put the rowan on a baking sheet in a thin layer, up to 2 cm, and leave in the oven. Properly dried berry juice does not emit when pressed. With dried rowan tea is brewed, which is useful to drink to strengthen the immune system in the winter.
An interesting variant of what can be made from black mountain ash is a refreshing and tonic juice.
For its preparation will require:
- mountain ash (300 g);
- sugar (200 g);
- water (1l).
Preparation is carried out as follows:
- Washed and peeled berries need to be crushed in a mash - for this, tolbushka will do. Put the crumpled rowan in a bag of cloth or gauze and squeeze the juice. After that, pour the pulp with water and leave for 1 hour.
- Then again squeeze the juice and add to the already received. So continue until all the juice from the berries come out. You can add sugar, but you can not add - as you like.
- Pour the juice into sterilized jars or bottles, store away from sunlight.
Here's what you can make from red rowan - jam with a pleasant sourness. You need to pick berries at the first frost, after which they are washed and soaked.
All you need is:
- 1 kg of mountain ash;
- 0.5 kg of sugar.
- Leave the mountain ash in a wet state for a day, then rinse and dry. Then repeat the soaking and drying 3 times.
- Next - sugar syrup. Pour sugar into a saucepan, add water, put on medium heat. Ready syrup fill berries of mountain ash, and put in a cold place.
- Then take out the mountain ash, put the syrup on the fire to boil for 20 minutes. Add berries, cook for half an hour.
- Pour into sterilized jars, roll up - autumn jam is ready!
Grandmother's Simple Candy
But what can be made from red rowan for dessert is real candy, only much more useful than usual.
It will take:
- fresh bunches of berries;
Rowan berries should be soaked in slightly salted water for 3 days. After that, you need to prepare a sugar-based syrup, dip the berries in it for a few seconds, and then sprinkle them with powdered sugar and dry in an oven at about 50 degrees. Sweet and sour taste of sweets will delight any guest.