What are societies?
Throughout the history of human existence,including the present, were and are the most diverse societies. They are classified on the basis of various characteristics. Society is part of the material world, which is closely connected with nature and includes factors of human interaction and the various forms in which they are united. Consider the concept and types of society, and what are its functions.
Functions of society
Under society in the narrow sense of the wordmeans a group of people who are endowed with consciousness and will. Such a group of people is created for different interests and motives. For example, it is a society of numismatists or book lovers. At a certain stage of human development, the classification of society was represented by various forms, such as: primitive, medieval, etc. Depending on the population of the country, there may be a European or Russian society. All people are a human society.
If we talk about civil society, we can distinguish the following functions:
- Protection of citizens and their mutual assistance.
- Protection of human rights and control over the activities of the state.
- Production of necessary life benefits.
- Fair distribution of the results of human labor.
- Constant systematization of production.
- Formation of a certain ideology.
- Assertion of values.
- Participation in state governance at different levels
Types of society
Consider what kind of society there are. Human society includes a number of areas, such as:
- Economic. In such a society, relations arise between people in the process of production, consumption and distribution of material and non-material values, various kinds of services and all kinds of information.
- Social. This kind implies a close interaction of classes, social groups and different strata of the population.
- Political. This includes the activities of numerous party organizations and movements that deal with the state and political issues of the country.
- Spiritual. This kind of society includes religion, morality, science, medicine, education, art and their influence on human life.
Let's consider the main types of society in more detail.
The economic kind of society
Such societies include different speciesenterprises. In them, business entities unite property and participate in entrepreneurial activities, the main purpose of which is to make a profit. Sometimes an economic society can be represented by one person. In general, the types of business entities are legal entities. In the course of their activities they keep accounting and tax records of the results of their activities, as well as statistical information and reporting, which they must submit to state bodies in accordance with the current legislation of the state. Their activities can have any character that does not contradict the legislation of the country. The following types of economic societies can be classified:
- Joint Stock Companies Open and Closed.
- LLC is a limited liability company.
- Companies that have additional responsibility.
- Dependent and subsidiary companies.
Types of social society
Consider the types of social society. This kind of society is an important component of the society. As a result of the transformation, the structure of social Russian society has changed and is gradually changing. New social groups are emerging, the mechanism of social stratification is being rebuilt, and there is a change of elites. Social community implies a set of individuals who are distinguished by integrity, they are an independent subject of social and historical processes. The main features of such a society include:
- Reality. Such organizations are not experimental or abstract. They exist in reality, and are subject to fixation and verification.
- Integrity. Such societies are not just a collection of individuals, they have the integrity that characterizes such systems.
- The formation and functioning of such societies is possible on the basis of social ties and relationships.
Types of modern society
Consider what kinds of modern society exist. There are several types of such a society:
- Pre-industrial society. In those days the dominant role was given to natural and agricultural economy. A person could not exist if he did not have a land plot that was his main breadwinner. It was the concrete person who determined the place of the manufacturer and its functions. Man was dependent on the biological cycles of nature and was forced to adapt to them.
- Industrial society. As a result of the development of society, man created means of labor, which greatly facilitated the dependence of man on nature. Man, to some extent felt the power over nature. As a result of the industrial revolution, personal independence comes. For such a society, the development of production goods and their consumption in mass quantities becomes characteristic. This is facilitated by the constant development of new technology and its widespread use. It was a time of genius people who, without special knowledge, could create a telephone, an airplane, etc.
- Post-industrial society. This is a period of constant competition between people. In such a society, the achievements of science and technology are universally used, which are applicable absolutely to all spheres of human activity. There is a perfection of technology on the basis of constant and purposeful development of science.
- At present, the development of informationtechnologies, as scientists believe, can lead in the way of a person's life, cardinal changes. And their use forms, has already formed a new type of society, which is called information.
Now you know the information about which societiesexist at the present time and their types. This will allow you to be more educated and understand the modern world. In addition, you can choose a society for yourself, so that you will be interested in communicating with like-minded people there. We wish you good luck!