We prepare jam from plum of Hungarian: recipes for all occasions
Hungarian is one of the best varieties of plum. She is also loved for a very tasty, juicy, fragrant flesh, and for the fact that it is easy to separate a bone during canning, and for stability during storage and transportation. It is Hungarian most often dried and dried, it is made from juice and compotes, jams and jams, marinated and even salted. Ugorka - the second name of the plum - has many breeding varieties. They differ in the coloration of the fetus, in tints of taste and smell, in size and shape. But here is the high content of vitamins, excellent culinary indices - it is common for all varieties.
Lovers of sweets
Let's talk about how differently you canto prepare jam from the plum of the Hungarian. After all, in the preparation of this preservative, like any other kind of sweet canned food, there are subtleties and cunnings.
- Firstly, mature fruits are suitable for cooking, even a little bit longer, with a slightly wrinkled skin. The main thing is that they are not wormy.
- Secondly, when jam from the Hungarian plum is preserved, the fruits must be blanched first. To do this, put them in small batches for 2-3 minutes in boiling water, then immediately cool down.
- Thirdly, on the peel, plums are often presentWax coating, which is not removed during normal washing with cold water. To clean it, the fruits that go to the jam from the Hungarian plum can be dropped not into ordinary boiling water, but with the addition of 1.5 teaspoons of baking soda. True, then keep the plums in boiling water for less than a minute.
- And, finally, fourthly, dessert billets are not necessarily made only on the basis of sugar. Often jam from a plum of Hungarian is cooked on honey and even with the addition of alcohol. And it turns out very cool!
However, we will not rush and will introduce you in order with different recipes. The jam from the Hungarian plum is so different!
The recipe is classic
The easiest way to hot treat fruit for canning is this.
- Fruits wash without blanching.
- Peel and pour sugar.
- Allow to stand for 5-7 hours, so that the fruit, intended for jam from the plums of the Hungarian variety, was allowed to juice.
- Then put the pelvis with the workpiece on the fire.
- When the juice boils, pour all the intended sugar (per 1 kg of sink 1.2 kg of sugar), pour 400 g of water and cook, stirring, about half an hour.
- Then give the jar a "break" hour 3 and start to cook again. Repeat the process 4 times.
- For the last time, add a little vanilla and 2 grams of citric acid to the fruit, cook until ready.
- Spread the cans over sterilized jars and close them.
Specification: the dessert will be even more magnificent if you add 100 grams of chopped walnuts when cooking.
And here is the jam from the plum of the Hungarian variety,the recipe of which includes alcohol. You need to cook this delicacy, a bottle of good light (white, pink table) grape wine and 700 grams of sugar per kilogram of plums. Why light wine? It is less dense, heavy than red, does not change the natural color of the fruit, it has a pleasant, unobtrusive smell, harmonizing with plum. As for fruits, you will need well-ripened plums of small size, since jam it with bones.
- First, cook the syrup.
- Fruits puncture in several places with a thick needle or a pin made of steel or a wooden toothpick, a match.
- Fold them in a basin, pour in syrup and cook over a small fire for about an hour until ready.
Keep the jam in the refrigerator. Spread it on dry sterile jars and cover with parchment paper.
Dessert "for adults"
Remember the episode from the "Diamond Arm", whereunlucky Semyon Semyonovich border officer advises sometimes for health to overturn a glass of cognac - for the house, for the family, so to speak? But how to make dessert from plums of Hungarians is a special conversation. However, we will share this wonderful recipe with you!
- Wash the flushes, puncture, as indicated in the previous recipe, fold in an enamel pot.
- Fill the fruits with cognac and put under the lid for a day to insist.
- Then take them out, put them into the cooking bowl.
- Prepare a thick syrup (half a liter) from the calculation of a glass of water for a half cup of sugar and 100 g of cognac.
- Cook the plums in the syrup until the transparency and medium density.
- Spread on the banks in a cooled form. Cover the jars with capron lids and store in the refrigerator.
And again, a recipe with bones
Yes, this is the method of conservation that many business owners like. It is less time-consuming, and the bones give the wine a special pleasant taste.
- Fruits well.
- Cook the syrup from the calculation: for 1 kg of sink 1.2 kg of sugar and 400-500 g of water.
- Add boiling syrup to the plums, allow to boil again, then remove the pelvis from the fire for 3 hours.
- Repeat the procedure three times.
- The last time, cooked until ready, hot spread the jam on the banks and roll.