Tomato Hundred Poods: variety description, photo, yield reviews
Tomato Hundred pounds - a high-yielding vegetable of large size, developed by Russian experts. In cultivation, the culture is relatively unpretentious, and gardeners' opinions about this variety are benevolent. What are the nuances of growing this variety, we consider in the article.
Tomato Hundred pounds has fruits of impressive size and bizarre shape. Sizes of tomatoes are considered one of the most voluminous.
The variety is characterized by constant growth and high fertility. Experts recommend growing these tomatoes in greenhouses. Shrubs often reach a height of two meters, so they need tying. When forming seedlings need to leave one or two stalks. In this case, the plant is shaped tall and bears excellent fruit.
Tomato Hundred pounds fruits well over a long period. Fruits are formed of large size and fleshy structure.The shape of the tomato is unusual, resembles a bag with ties. The color of ripe fruit is bright red. They weigh 170-300 grams. Have a pleasant taste data. The skin is thick, not thick. Each fruit has a small amount of seeds. Tomatoes have a large amount of vitamins and nutrients.
The variety is considered to be medium. Fruits ripen in 112 days from the date of landing on the garden bed. The yield is 10 kg per square meter. But to achieve a good level of harvest, you need to follow the recommendations, which will be discussed later.
Variety of tomato Hundred pounds can be grown by seedlings, but you can without it. Seeds for seedlings sown 60-65 days before planting on the garden bed. On each square meter place no more than four copies.
Seeds are bought in specialized stores or farms, as well as from experienced gardeners. With self-growing seedlings should take into account a number of points:
- seeds are planted from the end of March to mid-April;
- before landing be sure to keep growth stimulants;
- to temper, seedlings in warm weather are put in a greenhouse;
- Plants are planted in the beginning of May.
Under these conditions, the crop will be ready in mid-June, as the variety is considered mid-season.
Nuances of care
Tomato Hundred pounds needs competent watering and dressing. If you provide the appropriate growing conditions, you can enjoy a good harvest.
This variety can not be considered too whimsical, however, plantings need proper care. The side stepsons are successively removed so that one or two stalks form at the bush. If we allow the growth of green mass, the fruits will not be enough to ripen.
To grow tomatoes Hundred pounds (the photo is presented in the article) is best in greenhouses of any type. In the southern regions can be grown in the open.
Feeding is performed according to the following scheme:
- The first time they feed the soil during planting in boxes. A mixture of sod, peat, sawdust and humus is taken as soil in equal parts.
- Secondary fertilized after diving shoots. In 10 liters of warm water dissolve 3 tablespoons of mullein, half a teaspoon of copper sulfate.
- 15 days after the decimation, fertilized for the third time. In 10 liters of water stir a spoon of nitrophoska and a glass of mullein.
- 20 days after the picking up, the plants are planted in more spacious containers and after 10 days they are fertilized for the fourth time. In 10 liters of water stir a spoonful of double superphosphate and two tablespoons of ash.
- The fifth feeding will depend on the nuances of growth. If the planting is drawn, it is poured over with a solution of urea. If the development of seedlings is too rapid, watered with dissolved superphosphate.
- The sixth stage of fertilizer corresponds to the preparation of the soil for planting. If the soil is clay or loam, then for every meter they bring in a bucket of peat, sawdust and humus. In peat soils add a bucket of sod, sawdust and half a bucket of sand. If you need to reduce the acidity of the soil, for each square meter you need 3 cups of ash or 2 cups of dolomite flour. Then watered with a solution of mullein in a volume of one liter of manure per 10 liters of water.
Weak plants are fed foliar way. At the same time sprayed the foliage. Suitable solution with a spoon of urea in 10 liters of water. Such sprays are repeated as necessary after two weeks.
Agricultural cultivation of tomatoes of this variety is reduced to the following rules:
- The soil needs loose, moist and nutritious.
- Atmospheric humidity should be maintained at 70%.
- Plants should be regularly moistened and sprayed.
- Feeding is done at least four times during the entire growing season.
- Vigorous shoots are tied to high pegs.
- Roots and lower leaves are removed.
One hundred pounds - a tomato, reviews of which are mostly positive. This is due to its undeniable merits:
- Excellent taste, allowing you to use fresh tomatoes.
- Dense skin provides the necessary transportation without changes in the presentation.
- Tomatoes have a small amount of seeds with a predominance of juicy pulp.
- Excellent level of fruiting - up to 6 kg from one bush.
- Unpretentiousness to external conditions.
- Resistance to various pathologies.
The disadvantages of the variety are:
- The need for the formation of the bush. From the owner is required to remove stepchildren, lower leaves, to form a bush with no more than two stems.
- Significant height of the bush, requiring support. Stems need a garter.
- Fruits ripen on the hands, branches can break.This feature also requires garter branches to support.
Breeders brought this variety for greenhouses. However, gardeners who planted Hundred poods in the suburban areas, noted the possibility of growing in open beds without loss of yield.
Tomato Hundred pounds, reviews, photos and yield of which we are considering, has 100% seed germination. Although each package contains only one gram.
Gardeners have a high resistance to diseases, but some experts warn of the possibility of blight blight. The disease is manifested in the appearance of dark spots on the shoots, leaves and fruits of the plant. To get rid of the pathology, planting is watered with fungicide solutions.
Methods of phytophthora prevention are:
- measured landings, preventing thickening;
- crop rotation (do not grow tomatoes after carrots, turnips, cabbage, cucumbers and onions);
- when watering, make sure that water does not fall on the plants;
- in days of high humidity, tomatoes do not water;
- regularly fed with compounds that increase the immunity of plants (phosphorus, potassium and other useful elements).
Excellent preservation of the fruits allow the use of tomatoes for themselves and for sale. Excellent taste is noted by all who have tried this variety. The taste of these tomatoes is bright, sweet, with a slight sourness. They are beautiful on the table in the form of cutting or in salads.
Tomato is considered a salad, but its flesh allows it to be used for the manufacture of tomato paste. Dense skin does not crack when preserved. But the large size of the fruit does not always allow to place them in a jar when salting. In the manufacture of tomato paste the finished product is thick and tasty.
Tomato Hundred pounds, the description of which we have considered, on any site will become a real pride of the gardener. But to obtain an excellent harvest, you need to fulfill a number of conditions, detailed in the article.