The most interesting facts about bacteria: a review, description and types
With bacteria, life began on our planet. Scientists believe that they will all end. There is a joke that when the aliens studied the Earth, they could not understand who its real master is, man or bacillus. The most interesting facts about bacteria are selected below.
What is a bacterium?
A bacterium is a separate organism thatconsists of one cell and multiplies by division. The more favorable the habitat, the sooner it is divided. These microorganisms live in all living things, as well as in water, food, rotten trees, plants.
This list is not limited to. Bacilli perfectly survive on objects that people have touched. For example, on the bail in public transport, on the handle of the refrigerator, on the tip of the pencil. Interesting facts about bacteria were recently discovered by American scientists from the University of Arizona. According to their observations, "sleeping" microorganisms live on Mars. Scientists are sure that this is one of the proofs of the existence of life on other planets, besides, in their opinion, extraterrestrial bacteria can be "revived" on Earth.
The microorganism was first considered in opticalMicroscope Dutch scientist Antony van Leeuwenhoek back in the late 17th century. At the moment there are about two thousand known species of bacilli. All of them can be divided into:
In this case, the harmful usually fight with the useful and neutral. This is one of the most private reasons for which a person is sick.
The most interesting facts
Microorganisms study, find their use, and also learn to deal with harmful parasites. During the research, scientists discovered interesting facts about bacteria:
- On Earth, there are 5 non-million microorganisms (5 * 10 in the thirteenth). This is several times greater than the number of people and animals on the planet.
- Bacillus and bacteria are synonyms that came from different languages. The bacterium is the Greek word, the bacillus is Latin.
- Bacteria smell.
- Snowflakes and frost on plants are formed with the help of a special bacillus.
- Frozen ancient bacteria can be revitalized.
- The largest bacterium can be seen without the help of a microscope. This Namibian sulfur pearl, it reaches a size of 0.75 millimeters.
- The human mouth contains 40 thousand parasites. At a kiss 30 thousand from them are transferred. 5% of this number can lead to illness.
- There is a bacterium that "eats" trinitrotoluene. With the help of it, scientists want to resolve the issue of mine clearance.
- The Japanese live in the intestines bacteria, which help them digest all known seafood.
- The housing of the cell phone has more parasites than under the rim of the toilet.
In general, unicellular organisms participate in all life processes.
Bacteria and people
From birth a person gets into the world full of various microorganisms. Some help him to survive, others cause infections and illnesses.
The most interesting interesting facts about bacteria and humans:
- For several thousand years, people have been using lactic acid bacteria in their own interests. With their help, cheese, kefir, all kinds of yoghurts and even vinegar are made.
- In the male groups of microorganisms, they multiply more rapidly.
- "Knock down" the heat and stop the reproduction of bacteria can ringing the bell. It has a unique effect on the human brain, the DNA of the host and parasite ceases.
- Physicians of the 21st century proved that the reserve of usefulbacteria is in appendicitis. It turns out that the body, which was treated so negligently in the last century, helps the body to develop immunity.
- Some bacteria can kill pathogenic florain the mouth and fight with caries. While they live only in the mouth of crocodiles, however, scientists plan in the near future to cross these microorganisms with bifidobacteria. Probably, brushing your teeth in the morning can replace yogurt.
- The human body contains about 2 kilograms of bacteria. Most of them live in the intestines.
It turns out that the bacillus can completely heal a person, and destroy our species. At present, biological weapons and bacterial toxins already exist.
How did the bacteria help us survive?
Here are some interesting facts about bacteria that benefit a person:
- some types of bacilli protect a person from allergies;
- With the help of bacteria, hazardous waste can be disposed of (for example, oil products);
- Without microorganisms in the intestine, a person would not survive.
It turns out that this is not all interesting factsabout bacteria and humans. Scientists believe that it was these microorganisms that helped to survive the sight of Homo sapiens. These tiny parasites literally created people their immune system. When the Intelligent Man left the continent, he took with him viruses and bacteria. Neanderthals, in turn, had no immunity to parasites, so they were not able to survive in the evolutionary process. Scientists believe that even without hassles with modern humans, Neanderthals would die out of disease.
How to tell babies about the bacilli?
Babies about the bacilli are ready to talk as early as 3-4of the year. To correctly convey information, it is worth to tell interesting facts about bacteria. For children, for example, it is very important to understand that there are evil and good germs. That the good can turn milk into a fermented woman. And also that they help the stomach to digest food.
Attention should be paid to evil bacteria. Tell that they are very small, so they are not visible. That, getting into the human body, microbes quickly becomes a lot, and they start to eat us from the inside.
The child should know that an evil microbe does not get into the body you need:
- Wash hands after the street and before eating.
- Do not eat a lot of sweet.
- To put inoculations.
It is best to show bacteria using pictures and encyclopedias.
What should every schoolboy know?
With an older child, it is better not to talk aboutmicrobes, and talk about bacteria. It is important to argue interesting facts for schoolchildren. That is, talking about the importance of washing hands, you can tell that on the toilet handles there are 340 colonies of harmful bacilli.
You can find together information about what bacteria cause caries. And also tell the student that chocolate in small amounts has an antibacterial effect.
Even a junior student can understand thatis a vaccine. This is when a small amount of a virus or bacteria is introduced into the body, and the immune system wins them. Therefore, it is so important to put vaccinations.
Since childhood, understanding must come that the country of bacteria is a whole, not yet fully understood, world. And while there are these microorganisms, there is the human species itself.