The largest airport in the world. The largest airports in Russia. The largest airports in Europe
A long road takes a lot of energy, so people are increasingly turning to the services of airlines. Often a passenger is confronted with a situation where his aircraft is delayed. And then the representatives of the airline must provide the customer with food, a rest room and other amenities so that he can comfortably wait for his flight. A good airport has a good location, convenient service and provides flights to various countries. The above parameters are inherent in large air companies. Which of them are on this list and where is the largest airport in the world?
The largest aero nodes
Air transport is an integral part of international passenger transport. Long distance trips involve certain difficulties. For example, how to organize a comfortable and fast flight without violating the plan and route schedule? To save themselves from numerous problems, people increasingly prefer large air companies that have proven themselves. In 2011, the International Airports Association presented the rating of the largest aero nodes:
- Hartsfield-Jackson- International airport terminal, located in the state of Georgia (USA). Air company is considered the world's largest hub Delta Connection. It occupies the first places in terms of the number of passengers, produced take-offs and landings. Hartsfield-Jackson is included in the list of "The World's Largest Airport".
- O'Hara- the largest airport in Illinois; located in the north-western district of Chicago. Today, the air company has 2 cargo areas and 4 terminal, which serve passengers.
- heathrow- the largest international airport in London. In Europe, it occupies a leading position in terms of the number of passengers. The air company has 5 passenger and 1 cargo terminal.
- Haneda- the Japanese airport leading in Asia by the number of passenger transportations. In the international air company of customers serves the 3 terminal. Special attention is paid to people with disabilities: for them special lifts have been built in the building.
- International Airport in Los Angelesis included in the honorary list "The largest airports in the world". It is equipped with 4 lanes for take-offs / landings and 9 terminals for passenger service. The building has an unusual shape and spectacular illumination.
The biggest airport in the world
Large air companies represent a whole city, where tens of thousands of people are involved. Passengerload is one of the main criteria by which their work is evaluated. Most international aero nodes are equipped with everything necessary to serve the maximum number of customers. But 1 place in the category "The World's Largest Airport" belongs to an air companyAl Maktoum. It is located in Dubai (UAE). Their airport really has a giant size. At first it was used for cargo transportation, but in 2011 year it was granted a certificate for the maintenance of general air flights, which included passenger transportation.The Al Maktoum project was estimated at 33 billion US dollars. Its carrying capacity is 14 million tons of cargo and 160 million passengers annually. The control tower of the airport rises to 92 meters. The air company has 6 runways, which can accept the newest airliners. The airport area includes a shopping center, 3 fashionable hotel, beautiful two-storey villas, 24-storey buildings with chic apartments.
The largest Russian airports
In terms of passenger traffic in Russia, the Moscow airport is leadingDomodedovo. The air company was founded in 1962 year and for many years occupies 1 place in the rating "The largest airports in Russia". Today Domodedovo accepts internal and external flights from 72 of various airlines; from the terminal are flights to Europe, America, and Asia. The largest airports in Russia also include:
- Sheremetyevo- the largest international company in terms of the number of flights abroad. Annually more than 14 million passengers fly out of the terminal.
Vnukovo- refers to the five major airports in Moscow. It has a good location and takes
The leading positions in the volume of passenger traffic.
- Ekaterinburg- an international airport, through which more than 30 Russian airlines fly. It occupies 5 place in the volume of passenger traffic.
The largest airports in Europe
The largest European airport is recognizedheathrow, serving more than 70 million passengers every year. The air company is located in London. The rating "Europe's largest airports" is also headed by:
- Sharl De Gollis located in Paris; Serves over 61 million customers per year.
- Frankfurt- More than 57 million people pass through the company every year.
- Schiphol- is located in Amsterdam (Netherlands); Serves more than 51 million customers annually.
- Barajas(Spain, Madrid) - every year through the company passes more than 45 million passengers.
Largest airports in the USA
There are a lot of air companies in the United States. The most famous of them are the largest employers and bring a significant income for home cities. The largest air terminals are air hubs, which serve more than 10 million passengers every year.
The largest airports in the USA are:
- Hartfield Jackson(Atlanta): a year serves more than 95 million passengers.
- O'Hara(Chicago) - annually passes over 67 million people.
- Los Angeles International Airport- Serves about 64 million customers per year.
- Dallas / Fort Worth- annually passes more than 58 million people.
- John F. Kennedyin New York - a year serves more than 49 million passengers.
Turkey to build the largest airport in the world
On the Black Sea coast of Istanbul, work has begun to create a unique project:Istanbul Grand Airport. This is a new airport terminal, which will become the transport hub connecting the Republic of Turkey and the nearest countries. The airport will have 6 airstrips, which will allow annually to take up to 150 million people. The building will have a unique design and charisma to become a worthy decoration of the ancient and majestic Istanbul. Experts from Great Britain and Norway are working on a new project. The area of all halls and rooms will be about one million square meters. According to experts, Istanbul Grand Airport should take a leading position in the ranking «The largest airport in the world.