The drug "Viferon" (candles): consumer reviews, indications and analogues
What is the drug "Viferon" (candles)? Reviews of this drug, a description of its use and dosage forms will be presented below. In addition, you will learn about the cases in which this remedy is prescribed, as well as how it affects the body.
General information about the drug
The drug "Viferon" - candles (reviews about them, it should be said, are very diverse), which contain ascorbic acid, human interferon and acetate alpha-tocopherol. This tool has antiviral and immunostimulating effect.
The composition of the drug and the release form
Currently, pharmaceutical companies produce the following forms of the drug "Viferon".
- Candles, reviews of which are more positive. Such suppositories contain recombinant human alpha-2b interferon (3,000,000, 150,000, 1,000,000, and 500,000 IU).
- Gel and ointment "Viferon".Used for external use. The presented forms contain the recombinant human interferon alpha-2b (40,000 IU). In addition, they contain such auxiliary components as tocopherol acetate (in the form of a 5% oil solution), petroleum jelly and anhydrous lanolin.
Pharmacological action of the drug
The medication "Viferon" - candles for adults and children, which have antiproliferative, antiviral and immunomodulatory effects. Under the influence of a substance such as interferon, T-helpers, natural killers, and also cytotoxic T-lymphocytes are activated in the human body. In addition, the presented component is able to affect the cells affected by the virus so that they completely stop the process of its development. In addition, interferon prevents the reproduction of some harmful microorganisms. Ascorbic acid, which is part of this drug, reacts with tocopherol acetate and is a fairly powerful antioxidant.
How does Viferon (candles) affect the body?
Reviews of this medication say,that the use of the presented drug helps to significantly reduce the dose and duration of treatment with hormones, antibiotics and cytotoxic drugs.
Indications for use
This medication is prescribed in the following cases:
- in the complex treatment of various inflammatory diseases and viral in young children, including influenza, as well as bacterial complications, pneumonia, meningitis, sepsis, intrauterine infections, etc .;
- in the treatment of viral hepatitis C, B and D (chronic) in young children and adults using hemosorption and plasma exchange, as well as in liver cirrhosis;
- in the complex treatment of adults, including pregnant women, with recurrent or primary herpes infection of the mucous membranes and skin, as well as with urogenital diseases.
Dosage and administration
Use this drug in one way or another, depending on the form of its release and the age of the patient.
- For children under 7 years old, Viferon suppository, containing 150,000 IU in itself, is prescribed in the amount of 1 piece per day.
- Candles "Viferon" for a child over 7 years old, as well as adults, are used in the amount of one piece (500,000, 1,000,000 or 3,000,000 IU) per day.
- For the treatment of inflammatory diseases in newborns, one suppository (150,000 IU) is prescribed twice a day every 10-13 hours. The duration of therapy is 5 days.
- In the treatment of viral hepatitis in adults, one candle is used (1,000,000 or 3,000,000 IU) twice a day every 10–13 hours. The course of treatment is 10 days, after which the drug must be applied 3 times a week for 5-12 months.
- For the treatment of pregnant women with a diagnosis of "urogenital infection" (for a period of 27-33 weeks), the drug is prescribed in 2 pieces per day (150,000 IU) with an interval of 12 hours every other day. The course is 10 candles.
- The drug "Viferon" for the treatment of influenza and ARVI is prescribed in the amount of two candles (500,000 IU) per day every 10-13 hours. The course is not more than 5 days.
- Ointment and gel "Viferon" is used daily. They are applied to the affected area, gently rubbing, 3-5 times a day. According to the instructions, the course of treatment with this drug is from 5 to 8 days.
Contraindications to the use of funds
This drug is strictly prohibited to use in any form, if the patient has a hypersensitivity to at least one component of the drug.
In higher dosages and in case of hypersensitivity, this medicine can cause allergic reactions such as itching and skin rashes.
Lactation and childbearing
The drug "Viferon" allowed for use by pregnant women only from the 14th week. It should be noted that he has no restrictions for use during breastfeeding.
For the treatment of a wide range of infectious and inflammatory diseases (herpes, chlamydia, viral hepatitis, ureaplasmosis, influenza, toxoplasmosis, bronchial asthma, SARS, rheumatoid arthritis, prostatitis, pyelonephritis, etc.), the medication "Viferon" is recommended to be used in combination with antibacterial agents glucocorticoids, as well as immunosuppressive drugs.
Medicine "Viferon" (candles): analogue means
If, for any reason, the presented preparation does not suit you, then it can be replaced with such an analogue as “Interal-P”. This drug also belongs to the group of interferons and has antitumor, antiviral and immunomodulating properties.