The benefits and harms of different types of beans
No good housewife who cares about the health of loved ones, does not do without beans. Beans - the most valuable source of vitamins, microelements, fiber and vegetable protein, are distinguished by low calorie content, which makes them indispensable for losing weight and seeking to eat right.
Beans perfectly fit into the recipes of salads, side dishes and soups. It can be boiled, baked, steamed, preserved, and during heat treatment, it retains its beneficial properties almost in full. Let's talk about the benefits and harms.
Composition and nutritional value
Nutritionists are sure: the beans must be present in the daily diet, because by the wealth of nutrients no product can match it. This legume contains:
- Vegetable protein (about 20%), which is absorbed by the human body is much better than an animal.
- Cellulose, which helps to remove toxins and toxins.
- Slow carbohydrates, saturating cells and tissues with energy for a long time without harmful jumps in glucose levels.
- Vitamins (A, C, E, PP, group B).
- Trace elements (zinc, iron, copper, iodine, fluorine, manganese, selenium, and others).
The fat content is low - only 2%, and the energy value of boiled beans is about 95 kcal per 100 grams, which makes them an indispensable product of many diets. The composition and useful properties of different varieties (red, white, black, struchin) is not much different.
The benefits and harms of red and white beans
Red and white beans - a traditional and childhood type of legumes. White - more crumbly, with a delicate flavor. Many people prefer to use it in stew or canned form. Red has a more pronounced, but also pleasant taste. It can be added to salads, side dishes, soups. Black has a sweeter taste with a barely noticeable bitterness. It goes well with vegetable salads, is added to the stew and served with meat.
Red and white beans have a beneficial effect on the functioning of organs and body systems.
- Cardiovascular system: able to reduce pressure, which is an excellent prevention of hypertension.
- Urinary system: removes stones and sand from the kidneys, relieves inflammation, has a diuretic effect.
- Gastrointestinal tract: removes toxins, increases acidity in gastritis, fights liver inflammation.
- It is useful in diabetes, tuberculosis and anemia, a positive effect on the state of the nervous system.
However, even the most useful product may have contraindications.So, it is not recommended to abuse the beans to people with gout, increased acidity of the stomach, cholecystitis, an ulcer. Do not enter the vegetable in the diet of children under three years.If you are hypersensitive, you should also exclude from the menu.
The benefits and harms of green beans
String beans - immature pods of vegetable beans (the one that is not grown for seed) - the most delicious and beloved by many bean. The leaves of the pods of young beans retain their softness and suppleness, so they can be eaten.
When properly processed, green beans work wonders with the body. What are the beneficial properties of this unique vegetable?
- It helps to normalize the process of digestion, clean the intestines from harmful waste products.
- Possesses antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties, perfectly fights against viral, fungal and infectious diseases. Regular eating helps clean the surface of the teeth,get rid of bad breath.
- Due to the high content of vitamins A and E, the condition of the skin, hair and nails is improved.
- Especially useful for diabetics - able to bring blood sugar levels to normal.
- Menopausal women who include green beans in their diet show a significant improvement in their well-being.
- Helps to cope with stresses and experiences, with diseases of the urinary system.
- Useful for men with disorders of sexual function.
String beans has the same contraindications as red and white counterparts, but it has a milder effect on digestion, therefore it is allowed to be eaten as a puree for children from one year old; years.
Asparagus beans: the benefits and harm
Asparagus beans are a kind of pods which has green and tender pods. Recently grown special varieties with long and thin pods.
Asparag bean removes excess salt from the body if cooked with a minimum amount of salt. Helps strengthen the cardiovascular system.Arginine in the composition acts on the body like insulin.
It should be remembered that you can not eat asparagus beans in raw form. The fresh product contains a lot of toxic substances that are neutralized during heat treatment.
As with any other species, asparagus pods can cause bloating, so people with problematic intestines should be careful.
Beans during pregnancy
The benefits of beans for the future mother and baby is huge. She is able to increase the level of hemoglobin, save the pregnant woman from toxemia, high blood pressure and other unpleasant symptoms that accompany the process of carrying a child.
Pregnant women also show such an unpleasant cosmetic defect, such as age spots. Beans help prevent their occurrence and even out the complexion. Iron in the composition improves immunity, because during pregnancy a woman's body is vulnerable to viruses. Magnesium supports the nervous system throughout the life of the baby.
In order for the beans to benefit the body and not to provoke flatulence or indigestion, it should be consumed only after pre-soaking and heat treatment.Pregnant women are advised not to eat beans with meat dishes, this combination is too heavy for the digestive system.To facilitate the digestion will help intake of water in sufficient quantities.
How to keep useful properties when cooking
Beans are a truly amazing vegetable, because with any kind of heat treatment, it retains the maximum of useful properties. The only method of preparation in which it loses most of the important substances is canning. How to cook the beans correctly, so that it was both healthy and tasty?
The main trick to get soft and delicate-tasting dishes is soaking in water beforehand.
- Slow soaking is an old familiar way, when the beans are poured with water and left overnight like chickpeas. Ideally, the water changes every three hours. Water before cooking must be drained.
- Hot soaking: beans are poured into boiling water, boiled for 2-3 minutes, and then left in a sealed container for 2-3 hours.
- Bowel-friendly way: the same manipulations are carried out as with hot soaking, only the beans are left to stand under the lid overnight.
Using one of the soaking methods, do not forget to boil it in new, clean water. The cooking process is at least one and a half hours. Salt and spices are added at the end of cooking.
Red, white or green, boiled or baked with vegetables in the oven, beans - one of the most valuable products discovered by mankind. If there are no contraindications, it should certainly become part of the diet for those who care about health and well-being.