Sliding doors for sliding-door wardrobes: varieties and cost
Sliding doors for the wardrobe providecomfortable operation and considerable space saving, so you can place such storage spaces even in small rooms where there is no possibility to install a cabinet with a swinging door. Sliding system is the main part of this piece of furniture, without which its full functioning is impossible.
Material for manufacturing
The main materials for the manufacture of doors are steel or aluminum. The latter has many advantages, among which:
- little weight;
- a wide variety of guiding panel coverings;
- durability of the structure;
- silent and easy operation.
These criteria are more influenced by the qualitymaterial and its correct processing. Aluminum with a small thickness of profile construction can not hold doors for long, without deforming at the same time. And any change in the shape of the guide panel provides problems with opening and closing the door, and subsequently its failure.
For this reason, when choosing furniture, you needcarefully study the characteristics of the sliding system and ask all the questions of interest to the furniture consultant. The sliding door system of the sliding-door wardrobe is the most important part of it, without which the full functioning of this piece of furniture is impossible.
What to look for when choosing a door
The main criteria for choosing are:
- Strength of material. The thickness of the profile determines the quality of the entire system.
- Coating quality. It can be made for gold, silver,wood, metal. The main point is the absence of blisters and uniformity of the entire coating layer. The sliding door system of the sliding-door wardrobe should be a combination of materials that will perfectly harmonize and not require complex maintenance.
- Quality of rollers. Depends on the usefulness of the doors. If the roller has even small defects, the operation of the door will be inconvenient, and soon the system will cease to function.
Sliding doors for the sliding-door wardrobe must be made in accordance with all technological points, then they will be of high quality, which will ensure reliable operation for a long time.
Varieties of the system
Depending on the design, three types of sliding doors are divided:
- Roller mechanisms. Distinguish suspension or support system, it consists in using as moving elements of rollers that ride on a solid rail.
- Prisoners in the profile(aluminum, steel or wood). The best choice is an aluminum profile, it does not deform, does not wear off during use and is more durable, unlike a hollow steel profile.
- Frameless. These sliding doors for the sliding-door wardrobe are represented by an integral laminated chipboard that is suspended on a roller mechanism. A cloth of large size is subject to severe deformation over time.
- Radius type systems. Used for cabinets with semicircular elements. The bent profile allows creating unusual designs in which the door moves as smoothly as possible.
The choice of the system directly depends on the desired design of the closet and its functional features.
The sliding door mechanism of the sliding door wardrobe isThe interaction of a strong guide with high-quality rollers. The panel is fixed to the inner surfaces of the upper and lower shelves of the cabinet, and roller mechanisms are fixed on the door, their number depends on the weight of the sliding system and the way it is used.
Cost of the system
Each company has its own clearly establishedprice list for sliding doors. The closet, the price of which varies depending on the type of system and the materials used to make it, will be a good choice for any room. The cost is given in the table below.
|DSP filling||10 300|
|Painted glass||13 200|
Sliding doors for the closet should be combined with the overall style of the room. Most often for decorative inserts choose ordinary glass.
It is a universal option for any interior and additionally allows you to expand the space of the room.