Recipes borsch with beets in a slow cooker, oven, in Ukrainian
In the article I will share secret recipes how to cook a delicious borscht so that you get a fragrant and tasty treat.
Every Ukrainian cook has a smile on his face when the soup is called soup. However, in the cookbooks, it is in the filling soups section. It's a matter of history.
In the old days, the menu of our ancestors consisted of a small number of dishes. Among them was the borscht, which was a mixture of boiled chopped vegetables. The main role in this mixture belonged to beets.
Over time, Ukrainian cuisine began to develop and, under the influence of European cuisine, potatoes, tomatoes and beans appeared in the borscht. The basis of borsch became broth, thanks to which it was transformed into a kind of filling soup.
The classic recipe for borscht
Borsch is the most popular first course. People who have tasted its taste at least once will remain admirers forever.
- potatoes, beets, tomatoes - 2 pcs.
- onions and carrots - 1 pc.
- cabbage - 0.5 heads
- garlic - 2 cloves
- vinegar, bay leaf, some sugar, pepper and salt
- Onions, potatoes, carrots and beets, washed, peeled and cut into strips. The cabbage is thinly chopped, the garlic is cleaned and crushed, and I pour boiling water over the tomatoes, peel and cut into small cubes.
- Pour water into the dishes, make it boil, add salt, potatoes and shredded cabbage. I cook on a small fire.
- In the meantime, I heat the oil in a skillet, fry the carrots with onions for 5 minutes, add sugar, vinegar and half the beets. I mix and carcass for about 10 minutes.
- The second half of the beets put in a bowl, pour boiling water, add a teaspoon of vinegar and let it brew a little. Using the resulting beetroot juice at the end of borscht, I will make the color saturated.
- In a skillet with vegetables I pour crushed tomatoes, salt, pepper and carcass under a lid for 20 minutes.
- Stewed vegetables with bay leaf add to the bowl with cabbage and potatoes. I bring to a boil, remove the foam and add garlic. I take off the heat and give a quarter of an hour.
- It's time to add beet juice, filtered through cheesecloth, and mix.
Now you know the classic borscht cooking recipe. Prepare this fragrant soup and please your relatives with it. I can say with confidence that they will like it. To fully reveal the taste, I recommend adding a spoonful of sour cream or cream to each plate. After that, the aroma of borscht will be divine, and the taste - unique.
Cooking soup in a slow cooker
My friend all the time argued that borscht cooked in a slow cooker was more delicious than cooked on the stove. According to her, she cooks borsch with beans with this kitchen appliance. I believed in it with difficulty, until I decided to try. The result was unpredictably good.
A borscht cooked in a multivariate has one great advantage - there is no need to stand at the stove. It is enough to wait for the cherished signal that notifies the readiness of the dish.
- pork ribs - 300 g
- cabbage - 200 g
- potatoes and beets - 2 pcs.
- carrots and onions - 1 pc.
- fresh tomatoes - 2 pcs.
- garlic - 2 cloves
- clarified butter - 1 tbsp. a spoon
- half lemon juice
- salt, herbs, spices, some sugar
- Peel the onions, carrots and beets. I grind onions with a knife, and I skip beets and carrots through a large grater.
- Crush garlic, cut tomatoes into cubes, and shred cabbage.
- I add butter, onion and carrot to the pan.
- I activate the baking mode and set the time at the level of 5 minutes. Fry the vegetables, stirring occasionally.
- I lay tomatoes with ribs in a slow cooker and continue frying for 5 minutes.
- I add sugar, potatoes, cabbage and half the beets to the pan, salt and pour hot water.
- I transfer the slow cooker to fire mode and cook the soup for one hour.
- Meanwhile, the remaining beets pour a glass of boiling water, add lemon juice and bring to a boil.
- In the ready soup I pour in the filtered beet broth, I pour the chopped greens, seasonings and garlic.
- I set the heating mode and leave the soup for 15 minutes.
- The meat is separated from the bones and returned back to the pan.
As you can see, cooking soup in this way is not difficult. In addition, it does not take much time.
Borscht recipe in the oven
I dare to suggest that many housewives do not want to spend a lot of time on cooking. At the same time, they want to feed the family a tasty and fragrant dish.
Previously, I also cooked borscht on the stove. Over time, I decided to experiment, thinking that if you could make pork or goose in the oven, why not try making borsch.Ingredients mixed in a saucepan, filled with water and sent for an hour in the oven.
- pork - 500 g
- potatoes - 5 pcs.
- cabbage - one third head
- onions, beets, sweet peppers and carrots - 1 pc.
- garlic and spices to taste
- tomato paste, greens
- The meat is cut into medium pieces, the vegetables are chopped into cubes or cubes. If the potatoes are not large, put the whole.
- I fill with tomato paste, chopped tomatoes, herbs and spices.
- Thoroughly mix, pour water and cover with a lid. I send the pot of ingredients to the oven for one hour. The optimal temperature is 180 degrees. In some cases, the cooking time is slightly longer.
After cooking, I poured the soup into plates. Surprisingly, the dish was very tasty. Now I often cook soup in this way.
How to cook a real borscht in Ukrainian
Borsch is a Ukrainian national dish with cabbage and beet. If you want to try some light dishes, especially after the holidays, pay attention to the Ukrainian borscht, which is prepared, though not quickly.
- beets - 2 pcs.
- beans - 1 tbsp.
- potatoes - 3 pcs.
- cabbage - a quarter of the head
- bow - 1 head
- tomato paste - 50 g
- pepper, salt, sugar, bay leaf
- Beans thoroughly washed and soaked for 4 hours. After pouring water. In a saucepan with beans, I pour pure water, put it on the stove and let it boil. Then diminish the heat and boil one hour to readiness.
- Onions, carrots and potatoes I clean and wash. Potatoes cut into cubes, one carrot cut into strips. I skip the second carrot through a grater, chop onions finely. The cabbage is thinly shredding.
- I put the kettle on the fire and let the water boil. When the beans are cooked, I pour boiled water into the pan so that I get about 2.5 liters. I add to the beans potatoes, cabbage and carrots. I boil over low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Clean the beets, rinse and skip through a large grater. In a heated frying pan, pour some oil, spread the beets and carcass on a low heat for about 5 minutes. After the beets move to the pan and cook it all together for 10 minutes.
- In a pan fry onions and carrots. Add a little tomato paste and liquid borscht. Stir and cook a few more minutes.
- I move the gas station to the pot with borsch, add bay leaf and some sugar. I cook under the lid for another quarter of an hour.
- I take the pan off the stove and let it brew for a few minutes. Served on the table with parsley and sour cream.
Ukrainian borsch can be served at first, and you can eat a plate of delicious buckwheat.
Recipe for borsch with prunes
I bring to your attention a recipe for borscht with prunes. I must say, there is nothing difficult in the preparation. Cook classic soup with the addition of high-quality prunes. The result is a wonderful treat.
- bone pork - 1.5 kg
- cabbage - one third head
- prunes - 100 g
- carrots and beets - 1 pc.
- onion - 2 heads
- garlic - 3 cloves
- lard - 50 g
- beans in tomato sauce - 250 g
- pepper and salt
- I put 3 liters of water in the pan and put the meat to boil. After some time, remove the scum and add spices. I cook pork almost to readiness. It takes about an hour.
- I remove the meat from the pan, separate it from the bones and return it to the soup.
- Onions and carrots peel, finely chop and fry in home fat. Then salt and add chopped beets. Stir and carcass 5 minutes.
- Thinly shred cabbage and add to boiling broth. It's time to chop the prunes.
- A quarter of an hour after the cabbage in the soup add beans, prunes and steamed vegetables. Cook over low heat for about 7 minutes.
- I grind garlic. When cooking comes to an end, I pour in garlic and pepper. Then turn off the fire and let it brew for 15 minutes.
I will reveal one secret regarding the serving of ready-made soup. Add a little sour cream and fresh herbs to each bowl of borscht. The result is a beautiful dish with a breathtaking aroma.
One borscht for lunch is not enough, especially for men. At the second, cook pasta and meatballs.
Easy vegetarian soup
Tired of meat dishes? Do you want the body to rest a bit from fatty meat? Pay attention to the recipe for vegetarian borscht. Nothing but vegetables, it does not.
- potatoes - 3 pcs.
- onion, tomato, carrot - 2 pcs.
- cabbage - 100 g
- green peas - 100 g
- garlic - 2 cloves
- beets - 1 pc.
- tomato paste - 25 g
- hot water - 1 cup
- I put a clean pan on the stove and pour some oil into it. Add diced beets, grated carrots and chopped onions. At the end of frying add tomato paste and hot water. After the carcass vegetables a quarter of an hour.
- Potatoes peel, wash and cut into cubes.Then add to the soup. Salt to taste.
- When the soup with potatoes boils, I add chopped cabbage. Cook almost until readiness.
- Add greens, garlic and tomatoes. Vegetarian borsch is ready.
As you saw, vegetarian borsch is easy to prepare. Lack of meat does not mean that the soup is not tasty. On the contrary, it is extremely useful.
On this note, my culinary symphony about cooking delicious borscht ends. I shared six recipes. I hope you enjoy the result.