Popular brand of mascara in the USSR: its advantages and disadvantages
The most popular brand of mascara in the USSR -this is Leningrad mascara for the eyebrows and eyelashes of the factory "Grim". Of course, someone will say that women in the Soviet Union did not have a particular choice - the only mascara, of course, is the most in demand. But, surprisingly, even today, when diversity is so great that it even turns into a problem (what to choose?), This mascara is produced and in demand!Why is she so good?
- Great length and volume! This mascara gives the effect of almost false puppet lashes. Although, of course, many modern girls condemn such a masquerade result ("Unnaturally, as if for a theatrical performance!"), But the vast majority of those who tried this mascara are ready to throw out their luxury cosmetics - after all, they finally saw their eyelashes really bright and noticeable.
- Mascara splits the eyelashes perfectly. They become fluffy, although, apparently, with such a volume and length, gluing is inevitable. It can simulate eyelashes, creating a beautiful bend.
- A popular brand of mascara for the eyelashes in the USSR was called inpeople affectionately - "spittoon". Because it was a dry briquette of carcass, which needed something to soak. Modern girls spit squeamish and dilute mascara with a few drops of warm water. It would seem that this is a drawback? However, it is very convenient, because you can make mascara of any consistency, what you need: more liquid, more dense ... Mascara in modern tubes can only be brought to a more liquid state and even this will be difficult.
- It is stored for a long time. As you know, the shelf life of the modern carcass is from 3 to 6 months. In rare cases, ink can be used for a year. Then it withers, changes its texture, or just becomes dangerous to the health of the eyes. A popular brand of mascara for the eyelashes in the USSR could be stored for years. It consists of extremely simple ingredients, such as soot or soap base, which do not change their properties over time. In addition, it can be stored in a dry state.
- The price of this endless and spectacular carcass is ridiculously low - up to 30 rubles (for comparison: mascara mass segment - from 100 to 400 rubles., Indian mascara - 1000-1500 rubles.)
However, not everything is so radiant. And the most popular brand of mascara in the USSR has a number of shortcomings, which for some women are unacceptable:
- Yes, from a distance the eyelashes are bright, noticeable and seeminglyseparated, but near this are real "spider paws", and even with lumps. To which the fans object: "you need to be able to paint!" And really show beautifully curved and long eyelashes.
- It's crumbling! Although experienced women claim that it will crumble and glue eyelashes, only if it is not enough to dilute it with water.
- Mascara does not tolerate moisture. The slightest teardrop, rain, snow, fog - and mascara smears and flows.
- Mascara has an unpleasant smell, and is too clearly felt on eyelashes - they seem to fall from gravity.
- Because of soap in the composition and, therefore, alkalineph mascara from the company "Grim" very much pinches the eyes. All modern carcasses have a neutral ph. It is easily washed off by itself, but at the same time it very strongly "eats" the eyes. Although the fans of the carcass have adapted to wash it off without any inconvenience.
- Make-up with her takes quite a long time. The point is in the brush, and that it needs to be diluted beforehand, and that you need to be very careful when painting. Experiencede ladies take any brush they likemodern carcass or combine Leningrad ink and conventional. For example, paint the Soviet variant of the eyelash from the middle, without bringing the eyelashes closer to the base, and then fix the eyelashes along the entire length.
Thus, Leningrad mascara -this is a very contradictory product. However, she is glad that her advantages and disadvantages are obvious and understandable, and every woman can understand without long meditations, but whether she needs theatrically bright, very beautiful eyelashes at the cost of the corpulent carcass and irritated red eyes.