Peony roots: healing properties
One of the most beautiful flowering plants,which is observed not only in the wild, but also in many suburban areas, is a peony. Not everyone knows that it has long been used in folk medicine. And most often the roots of the peony are used. Now it is recognized even by official medicine as an adaptogen. Healing is considered to be the deviant peony, popularly called the Maryin root. The plant was nicknamed so for its effectiveness in the treatment of diseases of the female sexual sphere.
Peony dodging: description
This plant has been known since the time of the AncientGreece. Even then, people believed in its healing properties. Now the peony evading or Maryin root, is distributed mainly in the Far East and Siberia. In all other regions it is cultivated as an ornamental plant or for the preparation of medicines. Peony - a high flowering plant with a branched rhizome, which has powerful thickening, which is used as a medicinal raw material.
Procurement of raw materials
It is believed that the medicinal properties possessonly plants with purple flowers. Roots for treatment need to be dried, because in fresh form they are very poisonous. Excavated and washed rhizomes should be cut into strips no more than 3 centimeters thick. Dry them under a canopy or in a dry place. When the roots become brittle, they are dried in the oven at a temperature of not more than 50 degrees. As it looks correctly harvested peony root, the photo clearly demonstrates. On the fracture, it has a yellowish color. The taste of dried roots is burning, and the smell is spicy, spicy.
What is the root of the peony?
Why is this plant often used in folk and official medicine? This can be explained by its chemical composition. Modern research has determined that the roots of the pion contain:
- essential oils;
- ascorbic acid;
- glycoside salicin;
- Mineral substances, for example, manganese, strontium, iron and potassium;
- starch and other carbohydrates;
Peony root: medicinal properties
Since ancient times this plant has been attributed to medicinal andeven magical qualities. For example, it was believed that a patient with epilepsy should carry a dried Marin root - this should have saved him from seizures. Traditional healers used part of the plant from many diseases. And official medicine confirmed that, in fact, in some cases, the peony root can be useful. Its properties have been studied and proved. Maryin root has this action:
- stops bleeding;
- calms the nervous system;
- strengthens the immune system;
- relaxes muscles and struggles with cramps;
- removes headaches, muscle or tooth pain;
- has antiseptic effect;
- improves blood composition;
- has choleretic effect;
- relieves inflammation and swelling;
- lowers blood pressure;
- heals wounds and sores;
- relieves spasms of the bronchi and intestines;
- stimulates digestion and secretion of gastric juice.
At what diseases is the plant used?
The root of the peony evading, as already noted,It is used by both folk and official medicine. The spectrum of its application is quite wide. Effective treatment of decoctions and tinctures on its basis for such diseases:
- neuroses, sleep disorders;
- gout, myositis and rheumatism;
- arthritis, arthrosis;
- varicose veins;
- violations of liver function;
- concussion of the brain;
- hypertensive disease;
- catarrhal and viral diseases;
- gastritis, peptic ulcer, dyspepsia;
- diseases of the female sexual sphere;
- with convulsions and spasms of muscles, as well as with epilepsy.
Folk recipes using the pion root
Official medicine uses mainlytincture of this plant, identifying several cases when it may be necessary. Folk healers use peony roots more often. There are many medicinal recipes based on it:
- Decoction of a teaspoon of crushed roots and 2glasses of boiling water used for diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. Raw materials should be boiled for 10-15 minutes, and then insist for several hours. This medication helps even with dysentery. Drink strained broth should be half a glass 3 times a day for half an hour before meals. The same drink is effective in edema and has a diuretic effect. Many healers recommend taking it with stomach cancer.
- If you make infusion, you can drink it to improvedigestion and with menopause. Prepare it this way: pour a tablespoon of chopped roots with two glasses of boiling water and insist half an hour. To drink infusion, you need two tablespoons three times a day.
- For the treatment of joint pain and acceleration of adhesionbones can be prepared ointment. To do this, powdered peony roots are mixed with the interior fat in a 1: 1 ratio and heated in a half an hour water bath.
- Such decoctions in cosmetology are often used. Brew it for these purposes need more concentrated, for example, 2 tablespoons for 2 cups of boiling water. Such a decoction helps with acne, hair loss and dandruff.
Peony root tincture: application features
This drug can be easily found in any pharmacy. Often it is prescribed by doctors for heart diseases and as a sedative. Effective tincture with neuroses, insomnia and vegetovascular dystonia. If you drink it on a teaspoon three times a day, it can alleviate the symptoms of Parkinson's disease and various types of paralysis. It is administered internally for 25-40 drops 3 times daily before meals. The necessary amount of the drug must be diluted in a quarter of a glass of water.
Tincture of the peony strengthens the body's defenses,protects a person from infections and accelerates recovery. It is proved that tincture of the pion root can excrete toxins, chemicals and radionuclides from the body. It is also considered the best remedy for fatigue, insomnia and depression.
Contraindications and side effects
When using peony roots,remember that this plant is poisonous. Therefore, it is important to strictly follow the recipe for preparing broths and try not to exceed the indicated dosage. Contraindicated the use of drugs based on the root of the pion during pregnancy, as this can provoke miscarriage. You can not also use the plant to treat children under the age of 12 years, with severe violations of the liver and kidney function or individual intolerance. Caution should be taken tincture and decoctions to people with low blood pressure or high acidity of the stomach.
Usually, preparations based on the pion root are well tolerated. But if you do not comply with the dosage or take them for more than a month, then there may be side effects:
- skin allergic reactions;
- weakness, drowsiness, decreased efficiency;
- a strong lowering of blood pressure.
The peony root, like most medicinalplants, requires caution when used. To ensure that it does not harm, and has brought benefits, it is necessary to consult with your doctor before use and strictly follow the dosage indicated in the instructions.