Peanut during pregnancy: benefit and harm
So it was a wonderful time waiting for the baby,When every future mother wants to give her child all the best and useful in the womb. Great value for the baby has what the woman eats. To use peanuts during pregnancy or not is an individual matter. But on what to navigate, making your choice, you can learn from this article.
Vitamin peat nut composition
All nuts are a storehouse of vitamins and usefulsubstances, peanuts were no exception. During pregnancy, you should carefully select the diet so as not to harm the developing fetus. The composition of peanuts is diverse and rich in useful elements.
- Vitamin E, which is also called vitaminyouth and beauty. It is vital for the human body. The fact is that vitamin E protects the membranes of our cells from free radicals and helps red blood cells carry oxygen to all cells of our body.
- Vitamin PP is one of the main participants in the process of transformation of fats and carbohydrates into energy, it is needed to provide reactions in the body that are oxidation-reduction.
- Vitamin C is a well-known fighter and an assistant in the fight against bacteria, which strengthens the immune system.
- Vitamin B1helps prevent the formation of tumors, is a natural antioxidant.
- Vitamin B5useful for mental activity, activates the brain and improves memory.
- Vitamin B9, or folic acid - one of the most important elements in bearing a fetus. With its help, the neural tube of the embryo forms correctly and further develops.
Other useful components of peanuts
In addition to a rich vitamin composition, peanuts havea large amount of protein, dietary fiber and saturated fatty acids. Useful elements that are in peanuts (calcium, sodium, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus and iron) make this nut one of the most useful.
What harm can peanuts cause?
In pregnancy, the female body is exposedthe strongest hormonal reorganization, as a result of which it can respond unusually to some external stimuli and food. Even if before the onset of pregnancy the woman did not have an allergic reaction to this nut, then during the bearing of the child it can suddenly arise. The first and most common harm from peanuts is an allergy. Symptoms of an allergic reaction to peanuts during pregnancy may be as follows:
- diarrhea and abdominal pain;
- the appearance of itching, swelling and rashes on the skin;
Very rarely can anaphylactic shock develop,this occurs in cases where the first weak allergic reaction has not been taken into account by a person, and he continues to use this nut. After all, peanuts top the list of those products that can cause this life-threatening reaction of the body to the allergen.
When you do not need to eat peanutspregnancy? The product should be discarded if there is mold on the nut itself. It can appear when storing and transporting peanuts improperly. The danger is aflatoxin - a product of the fungus, which affects the liver, and sometimes can cause death.
Other negative effects of peanuts on the body
Parallel with the growth and development of the fetus, the uterusoccupies more and more place in the abdominal cavity of the pregnant, which complicates the digestive system. It is also negatively affected by a special hormone inhibited by the peristalsis of the intestine, which is produced by the maternal organism for the preservation of the fetus. All this leads to increased gas production and greater stress on the digestive tract. Peanut, which has a lot of fiber in its composition, even more irritates the mucous and complicates the work of the stomach and intestines.
To use peanuts during pregnancy is notrecommend those women who suffer from varicose veins and increased blood clotting. This is due to the ability of the nut to slow blood flow. Women who suffer from the formation of kidney stones are forbidden to use peanuts during pregnancy. You can expose yourself and your future child to great risk by eating a large amount of peanuts, because the oxalates available in this nut turn into crystals.
Peanut during pregnancy: benefit
Despite all the possible negative consequencesthe use of this peanut, gynecologists do not put a categorical ban. From it can be extracted and some benefit. The value of this representative of the family of legumes lies in its rich vitamin composition, which we mentioned earlier, and manifests itself in this form:
- prevention of diabetes mellitus;
- maintenance of a normal amount of cholesterol in the blood;
- strengthening the cardiovascular system of the body;
- the ability to excrete excess bile;
- the prevention of gastritis in particular and the normalization of the digestive tract as a whole;
- strengthens the nervous system of a pregnant woman and increases the physical endurance of a woman.
- prevention of atherosclerosis.
Proper use of peanuts
If a pregnant woman does not suffer from kidney stones, varicose veins, thrombocytopenia and gastrointestinal problems, she can use this peanut.
However, the future mother should remember several recommendations:
- Choose for yourself only quality nuts, which will be devoid of musty smell, stains and mold on the shell.
- Do not combine with other types of nuts, it is better to eat peanuts with vegetables, sour cream, rice or with butter.
- In the last weeks of pregnancy, it is better not to abuse peanuts, since a baby can have an allergy to this product, which will last for life.
- In case the pregnant woman suffersintolerance to this product, then she should be very careful about her diet (read the composition of dishes and constantly specify in restaurants what her order consists of).
- Acquired nuts are best suitedheat treatment, so they will taste better, and all possible fungi will be destroyed. To do this, put peanuts in a preheated to 75 degrees oven for fifteen minutes.
In any case, the woman herself decides whether to consume peanuts during pregnancy, the benefits and harms of which have been described in this article.