"Moditen Depot": instructions for use, contraindications, side effects, reviews, photos
What do you know about such a medicine as Moditen Depot? Instructions for use, contraindications, reviews and side effects of this medication will be discussed further.
Packaging and form of the preparation, its composition
In what form do these medicinal productsmeans, like Moditen Depot? Instruction for use informs you that it can be purchased in the form of an oil solution intended for intramuscular injection. The main active component of this drug is fluphenazine decanoate. On sale, it comes in ampoules of dark glass, prepacked in contour cells and paper bundles, respectively.
What medicinal properties are inherent in a medicineModiten Depot? Instructions for use, reviews argue that this is an antipsychotic long-acting drug. It belongs to the group of polyvalent neuroleptics and exhibits pronounced antipsychotic properties that are combined with some activating and antiemetic effect. Also, this drug has a mild sedative effect.
What determines the effectiveness of the medication "ModitenDepot "? Instruction for use says that its antipsychotic effect is associated with blockade of dopamine D2 receptors of mesocortical and mesolimbic systems.
Sedation properties of this medication are expressedmoderately and are observed only when using high dosages of the solution. They are caused by blockade of adrenoreceptors of separate parts of the brain stem.
As for the antiemetic effect of thisdrugs, it is associated with the blockade of dopamine D2 receptors in the trigger zone of the vomiting center. It should also be noted that the hypothermic effect of this drug manifests itself due to blockade of the dopamine receptors of the hypothalamus.
Through how much the medicament starts to actModiten Depot? Instructions for use (photo injection solution is presented in this article) reports that the therapeutic effect of this medication is usually manifested 25-72 hours after the injection. It should also be noted that the antipsychotic properties of the drug in question are most pronounced in the period from 49 to 97 hours after the administration of the solution.
What pharmacokinetics is characteristic for a drugModiten Depot? Instructions for use asserts that fluphenazine in the form of high molecular weight ether, oily solution and fatty acid is able to accumulate in fat stores, and also slowly release.
After intramuscular injection, the maximum concentration of this element in the plasma is reached after 25 hours. In this case, fluphenazine binds to blood proteins by 90%.
This drug easily penetrates the placental barrier and passes through the blood-brain, and is also not eliminated from the body by hemodialysis.
Fluphenazine is completely and actively metabolized inLiver with the participation of enzymes of the cytochrome P450 system. It is excreted from the body together with bile and urine. The activity of the metabolites of this element has not been fully studied.
The half-life of fluphenazine is 7-10 days.
In what cases is the patient prescribed Moditen Depot injections? Instructions for use indicate such indications as:
- exacerbation of schizophrenia (for the purpose of prevention);
- prolonged maintenance treatment of chronic forms of schizophrenia.
Prohibitions to use
The medicament in question is prohibited to be used in the following cases:
- in severe SS diseases, including decompensated chronic circulatory insufficiency and arterial hypotension;
- with increased sensitivity of the patient to fluphenazine, as well as to other elements of the drug;
- with oppression of the central nervous system and coma;
- during pregnancy;
- with trauma to the skull, as well as progressive systemic diseases of the spinal cord and brain;
- during the period of feeding;
- with impaired liver function and blood system;
- up to 12 years.
Careful use of the medicine
With caution, the drug "Moditen Depot" is prescribed for:
- alcoholism, as well as with increased predisposition to hepatotoxic reactions;
- pathological changes in blood, as well as in violation of hematopoiesis;
- allergies to phenothiazine derivatives, including in the anamnesis;
- glaucoma is closed-angle;
- breast cancer;
- hepatic and / or renal insufficiency;
- ulcer organs of the digestive tract, including during the period of exacerbation of the disease;
- hyperplasia of the prostate with clinical manifestations;
- ailments accompanied by thromboembolic complications;
- Parkinson's disease;
- chronic diseases with respiratory failure (including in children);
- Reye's syndrome;
- epilepsy, vomiting, convulsive seizures;
- in old age.
Medicinal solution "Moditen Depot": instructions for use
In ampoules this preparation is intended forlong-term therapy (at least three months). Its initial dosage for most patients is 12.5-25 mg. The subsequent doses, as well as the interval between the administrations of the solution, are determined depending on the therapeutic effect.
Treatment of patients with hypersensitivity to phenothiazine should be started very cautiously.
Elderly people are required to administer smaller doses than young patients (approximately 1/4 to 1/3 of the dosage). At the same time, they need constant monitoring.
The drug solution of Moditen Depot can cause the following undesirable reactions:
- extrapyramidal syndrome, akathisia, tardive dyskinesia, dystopia, oculogic crises, hyperreflexia, opisthotonus;
- Neuroleptic malignant syndrome with possible fatal outcome;
- Orthostatic hypotension, sweating, swingsAD, nausea, hypotension, loss of appetite, glaucoma, salivation, atony of the bladder, polyuria, intestinal obstruction, dry mouth, tachycardia, headache, visual impairment, constipation, nasal congestion;
- ventricular arrhythmia, sudden death, ventricular tachycardia, cardiac arrest;
- pathological lactation, peripheral edema, menstrual cycle disorder, hyponatremia, impotence in men, weight change, changes in libido in women;
- itching, exfoliative dermatitis, erythema, seborrhea, urticaria, anaphylactic reactions, photosensitization, angioedema, bronchospasm, laryngeal edema;
- agranulocytosis, leukopenia, cholestatic jaundice;
- convulsive seizures, fever, ECG changes, irreversible dyskinesia, vomiting, venous thromboembolism, lupus-like syndrome and others.
Now you know what the "Moditen Depot" injections are from. Instructions for use, side effects and contraindications to the use of this solution have also been discussed above.
According to the opinion of patients who had previously takenvarious neuroleptics, the drug "Moditen Depot" is much more effective and removes all the negative symptoms of schizophrenia. The introduction of this drug causes a persistent and fairly long remission.
The only drawback of this tool isa huge number of side reactions. In the first days of therapy, some people experienced hyperthermia, hypertension and autonomic disorders. Also, many patients observed hyperkinesis of the muscles of the mouth and face, smacking the movements of the tongue and lips. In addition, the use of this drug often caused depression of varying severity.