Milk disappeared: what to do?
Nature itself has taken care that infants receive for their development and growth the best and easily digestible food. Therefore, in most cases, lactation in nursing mothers does not need any adjustment or special regulation. But it may also happen that as a result of some illiterate actions, the mother lost milk. What to do in such cases? Our article is devoted to this problem.
Why milk disappears
Most often this may occur at the 3rd, 7th and 12th weeks after the birth of the baby. One of the main reasons is the rapid development and growth of the child. The mother's body does not have time to adapt to this fact and the baby begins to lack breast milk. On this occasion, do not worry, since such periods last, as a rule, no more than 4 days. On the 4th or 5th day, milk production is restored in the right amounts.
Another reason may be the uncertainty of the mother that she can provide for the baby to breastfeed. All experiences and stresses lead to the fact that the production of oxytocin is disturbed. This is a female sex hormone, which is responsible for the outflow of milk from the mammary glands.The process of sucking at the same time is difficult, which can lead to the failure of the child from the breast.
The third reason is excessive female fatigue, when many economic problems are placed on the mother’s shoulders. In this case, the nursing mother can completely lose the ability to lactation.
It can be considered a mistake if the baby begins to get drunk with the help of a bottle or is soothed by the nipple. The mammary gland in this case is not stimulated by sucking, and its secretory function gradually stops.
How to increase lactation
If you have lost breast milk, what to do, what to do? To increase lactation try as often as possible (at least 10 times a day) to put the baby to the chest. In this case, at least once should feed the baby at night.
Watch your diet and day regimen - try to get enough sleep and not be nervous. It is necessary to eat at least 5 times and consume more liquid. While reducing lactation, you should drink a weak warm tea with milk, flower tea and compotes of dried fruit and fresh apples.
Solving the problem of how to return the milk, try to communicate more with the baby, often take him in your arms, talk to him, sing lullabies to him and press him to the chest.Only close communication with your baby will help again to start in your body a secret mechanism for increasing the amount of breast milk.
How to return breast milk folk remedies
The people have always existed means that could cope with any disease without the use of medications. A suitable solution was also found for this problem.
- 1 table spoon dry nettle poured boiling water (200 ml) and covered with a lid. Filter out after 20 minutes. Drink infusion after each meal on 1 table. a spoon.
- Fresh carrot grate on a fine grater and pour fresh fatty milk. Infusion to drink 150 ml for half an hour before feeding the child, but not more than 3 times a day.
- Mash 6 grams of cumin seeds in a mortar, pour into a saucepan and pour a glass of sour cream. Bring to a boil and cool. Take 1 table before meals 3 times a day. a spoon.
- Grind and mix in equal parts oregano, dill and anise fruit. A teaspoon of this mixture is poured with boiling water (not more than 200 ml) and wrapped and left for 20 minutes. After straining is taken before meals on 1 table. a spoon.
- 1 table spoonful of cumin seeds poured 1 liter of boiled water. Cleaned and finely cut fresh lemon.After that, put in water with cumin. Sugar is added (½ cup) and the whole thing is simmered for 15 minutes. You can take after cooling for ½ st. spoon in the intervals between feedings 3 times a day.
- It is necessary to pay attention to whether the baby is conveniently located on the mother's hands during feeding, whether it captures the nipple correctly and whether the child has a nose.
Now you know if you can return the milk and what you need to do. Let your little ones grow up happy and healthy!