Is it possible to sunbathe a nursing mother?
Not by hearsay, young breastfeeding mothers know that for them there is a certain dose of restrictions of various kinds: food, behavior, habits. Often they are interested in whether it is possible to sunbathe a nursing mother. About this and talk. Let's start with the general.
The influence of the sun on the body
A certain proportion of ultra-violet (UV) rays is simply necessary for man. Vitamin D, produced under the influence of sunlight, plays an important role in the functioning of the body, promotes the absorption of calcium (by the way, is very necessary for pregnant women).
But there is a reverse side and it manifests itself if the simple rule is not followed - measures. Excessive exposure to UV rays leads to aging of the skin, the skin thickens, in extreme cases, skin cancer may occur.
These effects are the same for any organism, the body of a nursing mother is no exception. And therefore, deciding whether you can sunbathe a nursing mother, think about the rules of tanning.
How to sunbathe correctly
- In the period before 10 am and after 17 pm.
- During breastfeeding is very sensitive, because topless tanning is prohibited, be sure to cover the breast.
- Use sunscreen (25 SPF), but do not apply it on the chest, so that the baby does not eat sweat and then the remnants of the cream. Breast cover.
- Stay in the sun should be increased gradually.
- Drink water while tanning.
And a few words about tanning in the solarium. In general, there is a lot of controversy over whether it is possible to sunbathe a nursing mother in a tanning bed. But if you sunbathe, then:
- be sure to take care of the purity of the booth;
- start with the minimum time (2-3 minutes);
- chest all the same cover;
- be very careful about the choice of creams, they often give allergic reactions, regardless of whether you have ever had an allergy. After birth, the body is restored and can behave very differently.
Conclusion: Nursing mom can sunbathe in general. A moderate amount of UV rays will be useful if you strictly adhere to all the above rules. Lactation does not affect the correct tanning process.
Just remember that the health of your baby depends on your behavior and all actions.