Is it possible to freeze white cabbage? The fineness of the procedure
There are many kinds of cabbage, and each of them can beto prepare for the winter. Do this usually in the fall. You can save the product in different ways. Is it possible to freeze cabbage? Details about this type of procurement are described in the article.
Is it possible to?
Is it possible to freeze white cabbage infreezer? This issue is of interest to many housewives, because with the frost the product loses its crunch, its attractive appearance. He becomes sluggish and soft. This means that cabbage can be frozen, but then you can not use it for everything. Where a crunchy vegetable (salads) is required, it should be taken salty.
Advantages and disadvantages
Before choosing the method of freezing, you need to familiarize yourself with the use of this method of saving the product. It becomes in demand, as well as drying. The advantages of frost include:
- preservation of useful properties;
- stored at hand;
- long shelf life;
- quickly defrosted;
- immediately you can use for cooking.
Of the minuses are:
- the cabbage softens;
- not suitable for salads;
- the form deteriorates;
- takes up a lot of space in the freezer;
- the crunch is lost.
Taking into account the pros and cons, each hostess must decide for herself whether she will use such a product or whether she should use a different method of harvesting.
Is it possible to freeze cabbage for a long time? Whatever period of storage the product has not been selected, this should be prepared:
- choose quality, whole, formed head;
- on them there should be no putrefaction, damage by insects.
It is necessary to inspect the head before freezing. The top leaves should be removed, rinsed cabbage in cool water, dried with a towel.
Is it possible to freeze cabbage wholeheaded? This option is common. After it, the product can be used to produce cabbage rolls. If you use this cabbage, you do not need to boil and soften the leaves beforehand. After defrosting, they can be immediately applied.
To freeze the head, it is necessary to cutstubble, clean, wash, dry the vegetable. Then it is wrapped in a food film, placed in the freezer. To defrost it you need to put it in the fridge, it will recoil and be ready for cooking.
Is it possible to freeze white cabbage leaves? This method is also used. Such a vegetable is suitable for stuffed cabbage. The procurement procedure is as follows:
- It is necessary to wash heads, remove the top leaves, a stump;
- slightly boil the product;
- dismantle the leaves;
- place in pouches;
- to freeze.
After defrosting, the vegetable is ready for cooking cabbage rolls. This method is simple and convenient.
Is it possible to freeze shredded white cabbagecabbage? This method is one of the popular. Such a vegetable can be used for cooking borsch, stewing. Procurement is carried out in the following stages:
- kochany it is necessary to wash, to remove the top leaves, to dry;
- chop the vegetable;
- place in polyethylene bags;
- to freeze.
Chopped cabbage is frozen separately and incombination with other vegetables. In this way, you can prepare delicious and useful workpieces. These are the main answers to the question whether it is possible to freeze cabbage for the winter.
Preparation of cobs
When harvesting cabbage there is a lot of waste. Kocherizhki mistresses are usually thrown out. But they can also be frozen. They should be washed, cut along thin slices. Then the product is placed in boiling salted water, boil it should be 3 minutes. Slices put on a colander to remove water.
The product needs to be densely packed in polyethylenepackage and place in the freezer. From the sticks can be prepared the original dish - cabbage fried cobs. For this, slices must be thawed. Egg should be mixed with milk, and in this composition soak pieces of cabbage. Then you should roll them in breadcrumbs and fry in a frying pan until the crust forms. It is necessary to salt and serve better with sour cream.
Place and container
You can freeze white cabbage infreezer compartment of a refrigerator or a separate lar. For storage polyethylene bags, food film are used. In the pouches place a shredded vegetable or leaves. Heads are placed in bags or food film.
Temperature and shelf life
The shelf life of the product is 10 months. The temperature should be -18 degrees. After thawing, do not refreeze it again.
What can I cook?
You can cook frozen cabbage:
- Cabbage rolls. Brew in boiling water leaves are not required, because they will already be softened.
- Stew. Vegetable is perfectly combined with potatoes, onions, carrots.
- Filling for pies, pies.
Cabbage is a universal vegetable. It can be used not only fresh, but also frozen.
The following tips should be used to properly store the product:
- The size of the "straw" cabbage depends on what it will be used for.
- Blanching preserves the color and flavor of the vegetable.
- After blanching, drying is mandatory.
- For freezing, it is better to take bags with a sealed clasp, since moisture evaporates from them to a minimum.
- "Straw" should be added more densely, since in this case it will retain moisture more.
- If you put the product for storage at a temperature of 0 to 8 degrees, the expiration date will be 3 months.
- The temperature in the freezer should not be above -18 degrees.
- It is better not to defrost the product, but immediately put it in a pan or pan.
Thus, frost is an option for harvesting cabbage. Although the method is undesirable to use for the whole harvest, but to preserve some part of the vegetables it is quite suitable.