In which direction to unscrew the pedals: the features of the procedure
Although the pedal is a simple elementbike, you can take it off only if you have the knowledge. This is usually required for damage, for lubrication or for changing the connecting rod. In which direction to unscrew the pedals? This is described in the article.
What does the pedal consist of?
The pedal is an important component of the system, consisting of:
- a set of asterisks;
- connecting rod;
- axis - the base part of the structure;
- platform - stand, which is needed for contact with the foot;
- bearings serving to connect the axis to the platform;
- The accessories are bolts and nuts that fix the rest of the parts.
Pedals are divided into:
- Contact, where there is a fastening for special shoes;
These types of pedals are difficult to dismantle. The contact mechanisms have more complicated fixing. The combined devices are removed in the same way as the contacts. On the one hand, they include common areas, and on the other hand contact.
What is necessary?
To repair the bicycle carriage, you need to prepare everything you need. It usually requires:
- Rags. It is used for cleaning purposes.
- Grease. After dismantling, the removed elements are cleaned and lubricated.
- Solvent or kerosene.The liquid is used in those situations, if it is impossible to unscrew the axis, or on any site there is a lot of dirt.
What is the key to unscrew the pedals on a bicycle? You will need a wrench, preferably choose a compact view, so that the nut is easily accessible. You also need a car key for 15. You will need a bicycle kit, a pedal key, used for non-standard nuts. The repair uses a puller - an additional device for contact models.
Removing the pedal
After preparing everything you need, you canperform the part removal. Dismantling is performed using a special technology. In which direction to unscrew the pedals? Each part has its own thread. The right pedal must be turned anti-clockwise. This will make repairs without damage. In which direction should I unscrew the pedals on the left side? With her, you need to do this in a clockwise direction.
The work is carried out according to the following rules:
- Removal of a part is carried out with a wrench.
- The screwdriver is used to remove the pedal plug located on the end.
- The unscrewing of the locknut must be carried out with the key held by the axis.
- The lock washer is removed.
- It is necessary to unscrew the cone.
- It is necessary to remove the bearings in order to prevent the loss of the balls.
- Then you need to remove the pedal from the axis.
In which direction to unscrew the pedal, depends on itsspecies. This completes the procedure. The analysis of contact items is complicated. Then, for twisting and parsing, you need a bicycle pedal puller that allows you to hold the axle.
Features of repair of pedals
The presence of torsion-related obstacles is associated with mechanical stresses due to external factors. To exclude such problems, you need:
- Treat the pedals with a kerosene product or solvent. This procedure is necessary to remove dirt, which serves as a hindrance during rotation.
- Heat the connecting rod with the shaft. Because of the small damage, the thread is loosened more easily and the axle is removed.
Install the axis carefully, as this will prevent damage to the thread. Otherwise, the dismantling will be difficult.
By removing the pedals, the carriage can be removed. The parsing of the parts will solve the malfunctions. The repair of the bicycle carriage is performed to restore the operation of the vehicle. The condition of the carriage depends on the contamination and wear of the bearings. If the last details are broken, then they are changed. This happens when using a carriage unit for more than 3-5 years.
First, all elements are checked for defects. It is necessary to inspect the bearings, and then the carriages, cups with fixatives. If any parts are damaged, it must be changed to a new one. The remaining elements are purified in a solvent. It is more difficult to clean the bearings: the dirt is firmly clogged between the balls. Inside the cup, everything is cleaned with a cloth. Minor dirt is removed with a lubricating spray, after which the walls should be wiped off with a soft dry cloth.
The lubricant is applied in a thin layer. It is processed bearing, inserted from the side of the stars. Then the carriage shaft is greased, which must be inserted so that the long end is on the transmission side. Reassemble in the reverse order.
A bicycle is an unstable vehicle, so when performing repairs, it must be carefully fixed. Once assembled, it can be re-used.
Thus, the dismantling procedure is considered uncomplicated. But still it is necessary to prepare the inventory, as well as follow the instructions. Thanks to this, the transport will run smoothly.