If your tonsils hurt, what could be the cause?
Glands are lymphoid formations that perform the functions of protection and buffer. But what to do when the glands hurt? The only right way is to call a specialist in time, who is able to immediately identify the cause of the disease. An otolaryngologist, an oncologist, an infectious disease specialist or a venereologist can assist.
Causes of pain in the circulatory tonsils
1. Acute viral infections. The most known today, infectious diseases of the respiratory tract, namely, influenza, acute respiratory infections and acute respiratory viral infections - can cause inflammation of the tonsils, resulting in sore tonsils.
2. Chronic tonsillitis and its exacerbation. This disease often occurs in a latent form, accompanied by inflamed tonsils. Many people ask why remove the tonsils with tonsillitis. This is necessary in order to avoid inflammatory processes in the peripharyngeal region. The appearance of the disease also depends on whether the person has caries, sinusitis, periodontal disease, nasal septum deviation, as well as the presence of diphtheria, measles or scarlet fever.
3. Acute tonsillitis.The disease, known more as angina, is characterized by the fact that the lymphoid formations of the pharyngeal ring become inflamed, leading to a sharp pain in the throat. Many patients who have tonsillitis are used to contact an otolaryngologist, who is a specialist in angina. Streptococci and staphylococci are considered to be its main pathogens, along with conditionally pathogenic viruses and bacteria such as herpes virus and adenovirus.
4. Chronic pharyngitis. This disease is characterized by inflammation of the pharynx, which leads to inflammation of the lymphoid tissues, due to which the tonsils ache. Pharyngitis can occur with prolonged local irritation, with inhalation of dirty and cold air, as well as under the influence of chemical irritants such as alcohol and tobacco smoke.
5. Zagotny abscess. A pharyngeal or, in other words, retro-pharyngeal abscess is the result of the suppuration of the lymph nodes in the pharyngeal space. Its development can lead to inflammation of the tonsils, and in the worst case, when the gland is swollen, it may require mandatory surgical intervention.Mechanical damage to the mucous membrane upon further infection is a clear cause of the disease. And sometimes an abscess can occur after the complications of some acute viral or infectious diseases, including flu, scarlet fever or measles.
6. Allergic reactions, exposure to external stimuli. An allergic reaction of the body along with cough, runny nose and edema can be the answer to the question of why the tonsils cause pain. The most common allergens that cause inflammation of the pharyngeal tonsils can be book dust and household dust, food, chemicals, medicines, wool of various animals, mold, and also plant pollen. A concomitant cause of this kind of pain in the throat may be too dry air, soaring in heated or unventilated areas, as well as outdoor air, saturated with a large number of oxidants.
7. Oncological diseases and HIV infections. These diseases also cause inflammation of the tonsils and a sore throat.