Hr Manager? Learn How to Find the Right Candidates Quickly!
The well-known phrase "cadres decide everything" does not lose its relevance. On the contrary, in times of crisis, an effective employee is more valuable than usual.
In this connection, the search for and hiring of "quality" specialists becomes important, and modern companies are ready to finance competent recruiting and subsequent training of personnel.
The main methods of staff selection.
In general terms, the methods of personnel search can be summarized as follows:
- Search for candidates for the position on the recommendationfriends or relatives. Plus this way - in addition to the dry summary data, Hr manager gets the opportunity to use "live" information about the recruit. The personality of the recommender also has value, it can cause a different degree of trust.
- Luring employees from other organizations. This practice is one of the whales on which the Hr management is located. "Evacuation" is usually subjected to valuable personnel - successful representatives of management or highly qualified specialists. It is clear that in this case the demand is much ahead of the offer. When enticing employees, the trial period is usually not established, since the candidate is determined in advance.
- Search for candidates through a system of massinformation. To this method of search, Hr managers resort to cases where it is required to find middle and low-level employees who are not particularly qualified. Hr manager is limited to reviewing applications and summaries, and interviewing several candidates who have passed the competition among CV. When hiring, greater importance is attached not to the qualification of the subject, but to his ability to learn and work in a team.
- Search for candidates with the help of recruitment agencies. Hr managers resort to this method in situations when the other methods did not work. The drawbacks of such treatment are: first, the need to discuss working conditions through intermediaries, and secondly, the rather high cost of such services (from 5 to 30 percent of the annual income of the candidate).
- Search for future employees among graduateseducational institutions. The status and profile of the institution allow you to predict the abilities and training of applicants. Hr manager can with a reasonable degree of certainty expect the return from the hired employee, provided that the personal qualities of the latter, identified in the interview, seemed satisfactory.
- Training of workers in educational institutions,paid by the enterprise. This is not often the way to meet the forces of only large and successful companies. He demands that the Hr management enterprise has a long-term personnel program that links the need for qualified personnel with the financial capabilities and production needs of the company.
Methods to determine the candidate's professional skills for the position.
To assess the qualifications of a candidate for a position Hr manager has the following tools:
- Study the information presented in the CV (CV). This stage forms the first view of the candidate. An experienced Hr manager is able to assess the dignity of the candidate not only on the data presented, but also on the quality of the document.
- Interviewing. For the interview invite candidates who have successfully passed the contest summary. It can take place in one or more stages. Usually the first stage is carried out by Hr managers, and for subsequent interviews, experts or department heads are invited, in which the recruit will work.
- Specialized tests. To this method of selection, applicants are resorted to in the case when additional confirmation of the candidate's qualification is required. Tests are developed and approved by Hr company service.
Despite the detailed technology of selection of candidates for the post, the factor of personal perception of the applicant is of decisive importance.