How to treat a stomach ulcer?
A stomach ulcer, a disease that is characterized by the formation of defects of the gastric mucosa, with the subsequent formation of ulcers. A stomach ulcer most often affects men from 20 to 51 years. The disease occurs in a chronic manner, with the occurrence of relapses, the occurrence of which most often occurs in spring or autumn. Today, in our article, we will tell you how to treat a stomach ulcer, what causes it and what stomach ulcers are. Let's start the article with the causes of this disease.
Practically the main role in the occurrence of an ulcer is played by the bacterium Helicobacter pylori, the consequence of the vital activity of which leads to the formation of increased acidity of the gastric juice. Each patient has an ulcer, this bacterium is found in the stomach, which is fixed on the mucous walls of the organ and can remain there until the end of the patient's life, which explains the chronic picture of the disease.
Stresses that do not end up decompose the correct functioning of the nervous system, which leads to a spasm of muscles and vessels of the stomach, the nutrition of the organ is disturbed, and excessive gastric juice, detrimental effect on the stomach walls, which also leads to ulcers.
Well, the main cause of the disease is a direct imbalance of the protective mechanisms of the stomach and the aggression factor, that is, the mucus that is secreted by the stomach, cannot cope with the secreted hydrochloric acid enzymes. Various factors can lead to this kind of malfunctioning of the right balance. Gastric ulcer, causes and factors:
- The presence of chronic diseases of the stomach - gastritis, pancreatitis.
- Unbalanced nutrition.
- Taking drugs that negatively affect the gastric mucosa for a long time.
- Smoking and alcoholism.
- Constant stress.
- Genetic location.
Types of ulcers
The duration of manifestations distinguish acute ulcer and chronic gastric ulcer. Acute ulcer is most often secondary, and is a reaction of the stomach to an inflammatory process located nearby, or to a systemic pathological process in the body. These are different traumatic shocks, with damage to the limbs of the body, blood loss, burns. In this case, the stomach behaves like a shock organ that responds with this kind of reaction to pathological changes.
Chronic ulcer is a disease that initially began in the body and is associated with dysfunction of the gastrointestinal tract.
Stomach ulcer treatment
There are several methods of treating stomach ulcers. This is a medicinal method, when a patient takes certain combinations of drugs, and a surgical method, when an ulcer is removed along with part of the stomach. Consider, for a start, drug therapy and groups of drugs needed for treatment:
- Antacids - Drugs that help reduce the aggressiveness of gastric juice. A group of these drugs speeds up the process of transferring gastric contents down the digestive tract, and also makes the discomfort less noticeable and relieves pain in the stomach.
- Proton pump blockers are a group of drugs whose main function is to lower the acidity of the gastric juice by affecting the parietal cells of the stomach walls.
- Histamine receptor blockers - drugs, the main purpose of which is to develop a substance gastrin, which reduces the amount of acid in the stomach.
- Cholinolytics are drugs that suppress excessive production of hydrochloric acid.
- Drugs that positively affect the growth of the protective properties of the stomach.
- Anti-helicobacter therapy - drugs aimed at eliminating Helicobacter pylori.
Most often, preference is given to only one scheme - an antibiotic + antibiotic + proton pump inhibitors. The scheme is applied a couple of weeks.
The second method of ulcer treatment is an operation, the stomach ulcer is removed with a part of the organ. The operation is performed when:
- Uncomplicated, but existing, long period of ulcers, poorly heal, mainly in the elderly, because often such ulcers develop into cancer. Here there is a rule - the closer the ulcer to the esophagus, the larger it is and the lower the acidity, the more likely the operation.
- The operation is inevitable in cicatricial-ulcerative stenosis, regardless of the place of its localization or its presence in general. Because ulcers can heal, but the resulting narrowing of the lumen of the stomach is a dangerous condition for health.
- Complications in the form of bleeding or perforation - perforation in the body cavity.
Treatment of gastric ulcer folk remedies
Of course, it is better not to self-medicate, but some traditional preparations can be combined with traditional ones:
- One month to use 200 ml of freshly squeezed cabbage juice, 5-6 times a day.
- Mix a mixture of herbs from chamomile, mint, and lime, pour boiling water and leave for a couple of hours. Take three times a day, 100 ml.
- A mixture of plantain juice - half a liter, and honey - 500 grams, boil for 20 minutes, then cool. Take 2 tablespoons, twice a day before meals.
What can be with a stomach ulcer
- Bread - preferably yesterday, and white.
- Dairy products - kefir, milk.
- Soup - milk, chicken, cereals.
- Boiled or scrambled eggs for a couple.
- Meat - veal, chicken, beef.
- Fish is lean and river.
- Vegetables - zucchini, carrots, potatoes, beets and pumpkin.
- Berries - raspberry strawberry.
- Groats - semolina, rice, pearl barley, buckwheat.
- Sweet dishes - compotes, jellies, kissels.
- Liquid - non-carbonated water, non-acidic juices.
Food should be boiled or steamed, not salted or spiced. Avoid smoking and alcohol.
In more detail to consider questions of food at a stomach ulcer it is possible in article: ""
- Sleep 7-8 hours.
- Refusal from fat, smoked, fried.
- Food should be taken 5-6 times a day, and preferably rubbed.
- Chew food well.
- Avoid stress.
- Do not take hot or cold, preferably warm.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol.