How to transfer files via wifi?
Connecting devices with different cables is slowly becoming a thing of the past. They are replaced by wireless networks that allow you to transfer multimedia and text files, as well as various folders from one device to another, without any additional tools. In this article we will explain how to transfer files via wifi between two mobile devices (smartphones, laptops, tablets) based on the Android OS and between a mobile device and a personal computer.
File transfer between two mobile devices
To start, both devices must be connected to a wireless wifi network:
- Open the Settings menu.
- Set the wifi switch to the on position.
After that, before you open a window to select available wireless networks:
- Locate the Wi-Fi Direct button.
- In the column "Available devices find" in the list the device you need to which you want to connect, and click on it.
- Wait until the device status column shows the message that the device is connected.
Now you can go directly to the file transfer:
- Locate the file you want to transfer to another device in the device’s memory or on a memory card.
- Select the files you need by holding your finger on them.
- Then click the button to send files and select from the list of possible ways to send a file transfer via Wi-Fi Direct.
- Tick the necessary device.
- File transfer will start automatically.
Transfer files between computer and mobile device
The main advantage of this method of data transfer is that as the access point for a wireless network, you can use the device itself on Android or your laptop. No additional devices and cables are required.
All you need is to install special software for transferring files between devices. There are two options:
- Either you download from the application store and install on your device a special application for sharing files with computers (for example, an application) or any of the applications - an FTP server.
- Or you install the appropriate program on your computer (for example,,, and many others).
- The installation of these programs is performed in standard mode - following the prompts on the screen.