How to restore the language bar in Windows 7. What to do if the language bar disappears in Windows 7
People have been using computers for many years, butThe resulting problems with the operation of the device still cause them to be out of balance. Often even such insignificant complexity, as the disappearance of the language panel, causes a panic in the user.
What is the language bar and what is it for?
This panel is a set of tools,which for convenience are displayed on the desktop. Using the language bar, you can change the layout directly from the taskbar, which saves time. It displays the icon that identifies the current language. If the toolkit disappears, it gives the user great inconvenience, so you need to know how to restore the language bar in Windows 7.
To switch the input language, two easiest methods are used:
- Click the left mouse button on the "Notification Area" icon and select the desired language.
- But if this method does not fit for some reason, the language changes from the keyboard. To do this, press the key combination Ctr + Shift or Alt + Shift.
Sometimes the user notices that thethe language bar of Windows 7, so switching layout is not possible. The reasons for this situation can be very many, ranging from erroneous user actions and ending with "glitches" of the system. Often the difficulties are detected after installing third-party programs that optimize the operation of the device. To get started, you need to know how to restore the language bar in Windows 7.
The easiest and easiest way to helpreturn the toolbox is to restart the computer. But this method does not always help, so you should also know other options to return the Windows 7 language bar.
You can activate the layout of languages usingtaskbar. In the "Toolbars" menu it is necessary to tick the "Language bar" line with a tick. But sometimes there is no such item. In this case, you should select "Control Panel" and select "Language and Regional Standards". In the "Languages" tab, you need to find the "Options" item and press the "Language bar" key. In the opened window you need to enable the "Display language panel" option. Now it should appear.
In the event that you can not turn on the Windows 7 language bar in this way and the "Language bar" option is not available, you must perform the following actions:
- Select "Languages" and click the "Advanced" option. Here you need to check if the "Turn off additional text services" line is activated. If this option is disabled, the language bar will appear.
Sometimes the user by inattention choosesthe item "Display the language bar", and after that it is displayed at the top of the screen, and it is not immediately visible. To return it to the taskbar, just close the window.
In the "General" tab there are two layouts: in Russian and in English. If necessary, you can add or change languages. When all changes are made, you need to confirm your choice by selecting the option "Fixed in the taskbar" and clicking OK. If this method does not help, you should proceed to the next.
The language bar is associated with the task scheduler,so you need to make sure that this service is functioning properly. To check this, you need to right-click on the "Computer" icon and select the "Management" option. In the "Services and applications" on the right side is the item "Task Scheduler". It should be in working order. The startup type must be set to the "automatic" mode.
In the event that the scheduler isworks, but the language panel of Windows 7 disappeared and does not appear, you need to check if the task is activated in the scheduler itself. To do this, you need to do the following:
- In the "Start" menu there is a search string, it is necessary to register a "scheduler", and in the given results select the item "Task Scheduler".
- In the opened window on the left side there is"Library scheduler." Then select Microsoft, Windows and TextServicesFramework. After completing all the instructions, the user will be able to understand how to restore the language bar in Windows 7.
- The task of MsCtfMonitor will be located on the rightside. You need to right-click on it and select "Enable". If this option is not present, and only the "Disable" function is displayed, then all settings are set correctly.
How to create the MsCtfMonitor task
But it sometimes happens that there is no MsCtfMonitor task. In this case, it must be created. To do this, perform the following actions:
- Download the MsCtfMonitor file and unpack it.
- Right-click on the item TextServicesFramework and select the line "Import task".
- After you select the downloaded file, enable the task and restart the computer.
Some users are more suited to anotherway to restore the language bar in Windows 7. There is a special program Punto Switcher, but download it better from official sources. It is not intended to restore the panel, but is used for the purpose of recognizing the language that is being used. This is quite convenient, since the layout also changes.
The program has one more indisputable advantage: You can use various keyboard shortcuts to switch layouts. It is very convenient to use only one button for this purpose. To set such parameters, you need to right-click on the program icon and select the "Settings" tab. Then select the "General" item, and then go to the "Switch layout ..." section and mark the appropriate option there.
If a user needs to have many languages in the system, but basically he works with two, it is advisable to check "only ... / ...". This will greatly simplify the task.
Restore the language bar by using the .reg file
To install the Windows 7 Language Bar,you must use the .reg file. It contains information that can make changes to the registry and fix the work of ctfmon.exe. The text in Notepad should be saved in .reg format, and then run it again. After that, it remains to restart the computer.
Often problems with the layout of languages arise when the Russian language is selected by default. It is worth trying to change it to English. Perhaps this will save the user from the problem.