How to reset the iPhone to factory settings: tips and tricks
Sooner or later every owner of the "apple"phone is thinking about how to reset the iPhone to factory settings. In general, there are several methods for implementing the idea. It is in them to be dealt with further. All operations are extremely simple, they will not cause any difficulties. So what is offered to the iPhone owner to reset the settings?
Ways to cancel
As already mentioned, today iOSallows you to act in several ways. Can I reset the iPhone to the factory settings? Yes. Moreover, the owners of phones from Apple offer a variety of methods for solving the problem.
You can reset using the following methods:
- by working with iTunes;
- via a mobile device;
- delete all content and settings (via iCloud).
How to act? Everything depends on the person's intentions. The last option is good when you want to format the iPhone. Therefore, it is not recommended to use it immediately.
How to reset the iPhone to factory settings? You can do this with a mobile phone and its functional menu. This option is suitable for all owners of "apple" gadgets, if they do not want to format the memory device.
The settings are reset as follows:
- Enable iPhone. Go to the main menu of the device.
- Select "Settings".
- Click on "Basic" - "Reset".
- Explore the proposed options for action. To reset the parameters to their factory settings, but without affecting the information, select "Reset all settings".
- Confirm your actions. You need to do this twice.
- Enter the password to lock the smartphone. This step is optional. If there is no lock code, you do not need to enter it.
Now it is clear how to reset the iPhone to factorysettings without a password. After the done actions, the device will be rebooted. This is normal. The included smartphone will have the initial settings.
Working with iCloud
The following method is suitable for the full formatting of the gadget. It helps to restore the factory settings, and also to clean the device. Will have access to iCloud and AppleID.
How to reset iPhone settings "to the factory? It is suggested to act like this:
- Open the menu item "Settings" - "Basic" - "Reset".
- Click on "Clear content and settings".
- Confirm your intentions.
- Wait for the smartphone to restart. Select "Restore from iCloud" or "New user". Enter the information from AppleID.
Now it is clear how to reset the iPhone to factory settings or to restore the operating system. In fact, everything is easier than it might seem.
iTunes comes to the rescue
Another interesting approach is working with iTunes. With this app, every owner of the "apple" product must be familiar. This content is able not only to restore the settings to the factory settings, but also to restore iOS.
What to do? How to reset the iPhone to factory settings? To translate the idea into reality, you will need:
- Download and install the latest version of iTunes on your computer.
- Run the program. Using USB-wire connect the smartphone to the PC.
- In the left menu of the application, select the name of the connected device. Go to the "General" tab.
- On the right side of the page that appears, click on "Restore iPhone".
- Confirm the action and wait for a while.
From now on it is clear how to reset the iPhone to factory settings.