How to remove the smell of cat urine from the couch effectively?
How to remove the smell of cat urine from the couch? Unfortunately, owners of pets often face this issue. And if the puddle is made on the floor or any hard surface, then getting rid of the unpleasant odor is somewhat easier than from the surface of the sofa, bed or any tissues. In this article, we'll talk about those methods that quickly and simply help you forget about this problem.
Smell of cat urine on the couch
We warn at once that it is not necessary from the firsttimes you can eliminate the unpleasant odor left after the feces of the pet. In this case, it is recommended not to panic, and repeat the procedure again.
If the surface of your sofa is light, then you canuse the most straightforward laundry soap. We rub it on a large grater and mix it with warm water. It turns out gruel. We put it on the surface of the sofa and wait for the miraculous mixture to fulfill its function. Next, wipe the stain with a napkin and remove traces of soap. Of course, this method will be effective even if your sofa is dark, but you need to remove traces of soap much longer.
How to remove the smell of cat urine from the couch?
- How to remove the smell of cat urine from the couch? Food vinegar is also an excellent assistant in removing the smell of cat urine. We put it on the stain and wait. Of course, vinegar has a persistent smell, but it is due to it and destroys uric acid, which is the source of the "fragrance". Using vinegar, you immediately kill two birds with one stone: and remove the smell, and kill the desire of your cat to reuse this place for its "wet" cases.
- Vodka or alcohol will well eliminate the smell of urine withsofa. Just apply a small amount of any of these substances to the surface and wait. The unpleasant aroma from the alcoholic drink will not erode immediately, but it will effectively save you from the feline.
- Use also a solution of iodine. To do this, add 15 drops of yellow substance to the glass of water and carefully put it on the fabric of the sofa. We wait for some time and then we get rid of the traces of iodine with a damp cloth, if any. In the same way you can use hydrogen peroxide. That is, instead of iodine in a glass of water dilute 15 drops of this drug.
- Lemon juice (like vinegar) is unpleasant forcats aroma, so it is recommended to use it to remove odor. If the stain is small, then you will need half a lemon. The juice can be squeezed out by yourself, manually, or with the help of a juicer.
- Remove the smell of urine from the couch will help the weaksolution of potassium permanganate. Apply it is not recommended on a light surface, as it can leave brown marks. The technique of its use is similar, as in all the above methods. Prepare a light pink solution, put on a stain, wait and wash off with a damp cloth.
- On the shelves in pet stores you can buy specialized chemicals on a chemical basis to remove the smell of cat urine.
In this article, we told you how to remove the smell of cat urine from the couch. Use any of the above methods and wean your cat from stool in places that are not intended for it.