How to reduce loops when knitting hats: features, technologies, recommendations
With the advent of autumn, the morning coolness becomes more and more unpleasant. The pleasure that summer fogs and dew brought is forgotten - the only respite between hot days.
Now before the work or place of study becomesIt is impossible to get without warm scarves, gloves and hats. True, knitters can argue with all lovers of beach entertainment. Among their arguments are such autumn delights as the purchase of woolen yarn, knitting of jacquards and harnesses, as well as the long-awaited opportunity to wrap up with the head of the rug and create your quiet art.
Cap: how to choose a model and associate
People get the hat out of the wardrobe or buy much earlier than all other warm things. Hence, it is worthwhile for the craftsmen to tackle this subject in the first place.
When the hats are knitted, work is usually startedfrom below, from the typing edge. Knitting is carried out with an even cloth (if it is a classical form, and not a beret), then the hinges are cut evenly to create a round bottom.
For many knitters, the question of how to reduceloops when knitting hats becomes a real hell! Even in the presence of a detailed description, one can not expect a complete correspondence of the yarn used with the material on which the instruction was written. As a rule, in practice the thread turns out either to be thin, or thinner. In this case, you have to wriggle out and adapt to the situation:
- When the master's yarn is thicker, you should cut fewer loops than specified in the description.
- When working with a thin thread, you need to calculatethe density of the canvas for your product and compare with the stated in the instructions. Next, calculate the reduction of the cap not in loops, but in centimeters. This will be a way out, however, quite complex.
Features Crochet Hats Crochet
For crochet lovers, the difficulties associated with how to loosen loops when knitting hats are resolved a bit easier.
Often such products are knit from the top of the head, andthis is a completely different technology. Of course, if we are talking about a complicated jacquard crochet or making the lower edge of the cap from individual motifs, then you need to cut the canvas, and not expand it.
In the figure below, an excellent variant of manufacturing the bottom part of a colored cap is proposed.
The next photo cuts are already laid in the ornament, so you do not have to invent anything and experiment, just follow the diagram.
Cap on the contrary
Considering options for how to reduce loops when crocheting the crocheted crochet, you can use the usual crochet pattern and do the whole sequence in reverse order:
- Start the work with the belt.
- To knit a cloth exactly on 13-15 sm (depending on the size).
- Proceed with the reduction, focusing on the bottom of the cap.
This method works not on all patterns, but on this one is quite appropriate.
How to reduce loops when knitting hats with knitting needles
The most common way to reducethe canvas caps becomes its division into six equal parts and the formation of wedges. In each second row of the wedge, two loops are subtracted: at the beginning and at the end. You can cut one loop in each row. Thus, six triangles are obtained, which are then stitched together.
If the master has some experience and notwants to tinker with individual canvases and seams, she can simply cut the loops in six rows of rows, performing all the wedges at the same time. To do this, mark the points before or after which there will be a decrease.
Knowing how to loosen loops while knitting the hats, you can use the principle described above:
- To remove one loop before or after the marker in each row.
- Cut the hinges only in the front rows on both sides of the marker.
In the first case, the wedges will look like spirals, in the second, even triangles will be obtained.
So you can knit the simplest hats: male and children.
How to loosen loops while knitting the hats with an elastic band
If the whole product was bound by a small rubber band (1:1 or 2: 2), then you need to cut the canvas a little differently. Trying to reduce the loops in the usual way, the foreman will find out that the product turns out to be ugly: the "pillars" formed by the front loops break off at different heights and the cap looks sloppy.
There are two ways out:
- When knitting bottom caps go to another pattern, preferably on the stocking or garter stitch.
- Select as landmarks (notemarkers) "columns" of facial loops. Next, you should use the instruction on how to reduce the loops when knitting the hats. Cut the loops only before or after the selected "bar". In the finished product, this will look like wedges separated by hem. At the final stage, the loops of all the "columns" need to be tightened with a strong thread, so they will have the same height.
What should I do when I need to tie the entire cap with braids?
The braids are without a doubt the most interesting and voluminous element of knitted fabrics. However, in such products as a hat, it is not at all easy to apply it.
There is almost the same situation,as with knitting gum: there are elements that you can not just take and cut. The good news is that the way to solve the problem is almost the same.
How to reduce loops when knitting hats with braids:
- First of all, the hinges between the harnesses are removed (often this is the wrong side of the hosiery or a handkerchief pattern). Evenly, twelve loops in each facial row should be reduced.
- When only braids remain on the spokes, they are alsobegin to cut. Choose six and perform the following actions: tie together the first and second braid loops, then shorten the last facial loop. The inside row is knitted according to the drawing. The algorithm is repeated until the entire braid turns into one or two loops. Then choose the new six braids and gradually narrow them.
- In the case when the whole pattern consists only of narrow flagella (that is, there are no gaps between them), at once begin to gradually narrow down six of them.
Using such techniques, you can work with any tool and create a variety of products.