How to pickle salmon at home - 12 step-by-step recipes
Salting pink salmon at home quickly and tasty is a simple matter. The main thing is to determine the method of salting (dry or classic with brine).
Salting of pink salmon is a quick and easy way to cook fish, which allows you to store the finished product in the refrigerator for several days. Salted fish can be served as a separate dish, garnished with fresh herbs and lemon, in the composition of stuffed pancakes, salads, as the main ingredient for sandwiches with butter.
Salmon and sugar (2 main components) and additional spices that give a pleasant spicy taste (for example, coriander) are used to prepare pink salmon.
Salting rules and tips
- Both fresh-frozen and chilled pink salmon are excellent for salting. The process of cooking fish dishes that are exposed to low temperatures immediately after slaughter is more preferable, since almost all harmful organisms die as a result of freezing.
- The fish must be fresh.You can determine a good pink salmon on the red gills, not dull eyes and the absence of an unpleasant smell.
- For salting, you must use high-quality fish fillets from proven manufacturers. Unscrupulous sellers soak the sirloin of pink salmon in a special phosphate solution for weight gain.
- It is not recommended to resort to a quick defrosting process (using hot water or a microwave oven). It is better to wait until the fish thaws naturally (in the refrigerator, and then in the plate on the kitchen table), evenly and gradually.
- In order not to spoil the taste, salt it in a glass container. Avoid metal and plastic plates.
- For giving special taste and aroma, use when salting finely chopped garlic and fresh greens.
- It is not recommended to use iodized salt in the process of salting.
- Keep salted fish in the fridge. Do not put the product in the freezer to increase shelf life.
- Lemon juice and apple cider vinegar are excellent additional ingredients that make the fish softer and softer.
- To make it as easy as possible to remove the fins, use special scissors.If you remove with a knife, be careful not to accidentally damage the skin of the pink salmon.
Calorie salty pink salmon
Humpback salmon is a source of easily digestible proteins (22 grams per 100 grams). Fish is a diet food, has a wide range of applications in cooking.
The caloric content of salted pink salmon is about 160-170 kilocalories per 100 grams. Most of the calories are in proteins. Fat is about 9 grams per 100 grams of product. Fish does not contain carbohydrates at all.
The fastest and delicious recipe of salted pink salmon
- Gut pink salmon - 1 piece weighing 1-1,2 kg,
- Salt - 2 large spoons,
- Sugar - 2 tablespoons,
- Coriander - 4 things,
- Black Peas - 4 Stuff,
- Vegetable oil - 1.5 large spoons.
- I take fresh frozen pink (gutted) weighing up to 1.2 kg. I remove the skin. Separate the loin from the bones.
- I cut the fillet into pieces of the same size (across from the ridge).
- In a separate bowl, mix the salt and sugar. I put in coriander seeds and black peppercorns.
- At the bottom of the glassware poured the mixture. I spread fish in a uniform layer so that not a single piece overlaps the other.I make another layer of salt, sugar, pepper and coriander. Then water with vegetable oil, cover with a lid and put it in the fridge.
- Eating salted and fragrant pink salmon is possible after 18-20 hours. Salmon, salmon and trout are also salted.
The main feature of cooking is the absence of excess spices. In the classic recipe in the foreground stands the delicate taste of pink salmon.
- Pink salmon fillet - 1 kg,
- Salt - 2 large spoons,
- Sugar - 1 tablespoon,
- Vegetable oil - 100 ml.
Helpful advice.Be sure to take a glass dish for cooking.
- To save time, take a brushed fish without a tail and head. I cut into portions. Standard thickness - 3 cm.
- I transfer the loin pieces to the dishes, where the salt and sugar are mixed. I rub and roll pieces in a plate. I shift to another dish. I water with vegetable oil. I sprinkle some salt on top.
- Close the plate lid. Leave a little salty for 120-180 minutes in the kitchen. After I put in the fridge for 24 hours.
Salt pink salmon in brine with sugar
- Fish (fillet portion) - 1 kg,
- Water - 1 l,
- Sugar - 200 g,
- Salt - 200 g
- I cut the finished sirloin of pink salmon into neat pieces of medium size. I do not remove the skin.
- Pour water into a separate glass dish. Spread the specified amount of sugar and salt. Mix thoroughly until complete dissolution of the ingredients.
- Put the fish pieces in the pickle. Marina 3-4 hours. Drain the liquid and serve the fish on the table.
Salted whole salmon
- Pink salmon (whole fish) - 1 kg,
- Sugar - 25 g,
- Salt - 60 g,
- Bay leaf - 2 pieces,
- Allspice - 6 peas.
- I defrost a small fish. I carve the carcass, removing excess parts (tail, fins, head). Carefully clean the insides. The cut fish carefully wash under running water. Allow liquids to drain, dry.
- Getting to clean the skin. I pry with a sharp knife, remove the skin. I divide the fish into 2 parts. Carefully pull out the bones and ridge. After the preparatory procedures, 2 cleaned large pieces of fish are obtained.
- I prepare the mixture for salting from a tablespoon of sugar, 60 grams of salt and allspice. I roll off pieces of fish on both sides. I put in the enameled ware.Additionally, I put bay leaves (2 things according to the recipe).
- I cover the dish with a lid and leave to wake up for 24 hours, putting it in the fridge.
- After 1 day I take out the dishes and enjoy the fragrant and tasty salted pink salmon.
How to pickle pink salmon in pieces with lemon
- Fish - 1 kg,
- Lemon - 1 thing,
- Salt - 2 tablespoons,
- Sugar - 1 tsp,
- Sunflower oil - 150 g.
- I cut the pink salmon, removing excess parts: the tail, head and fins. Rinse thoroughly.
- Freeing fillets from the ridge and bones. Skinned. I do it carefully and slowly, so as not to accidentally separate the pulp of pink salmon with the skin.
- I cut the finished sirloin with a sharp knife into 5- or 6-centimeter thick slices.
- Spread on a plate, sprinkle with salt and put sugar. I mix slices of pink salmon with a wooden spoon without damaging the fish.
- My ripe lemon. I cut on thin half rings, I delete sunflower seeds.
- I spread the layers of salted and candied pink salmon in a glass jar. First a few pieces of fish, then 3-4 thin lemon slices. Repeat the process until the ingredients run out. Top make a layer of lemon.
- Pour the fish with sunflower oil, 150 grams is enough.
- I close the jar, put it in the fridge for 24 hours.
The next day, salted fish with lemon can be eaten. Similar recipes are salted mackerel and herring.
Recipe for salting of pink salmon fillet with mustard sauce
- Pink salmon - 1 kg,
- Sugar - 3 tablespoons,
- Salt - 3 large spoons,
- Olive oil - 5 large spoons,
- Dill - to taste.
For the sauce:
- Spicy mustard - 1 big spoon,
- Sweet mustard - 1 tablespoon,
- Vinegar - 2 large spoons,
- Olive oil - 80 g.
Helpful advice.It is much easier to remove the entrails from slightly frozen fish rather than completely melting.
- I clean fish from scales, gut and decapitate. Remove skin, remove spine and bones. Thoroughly wash the filet part.
- After receiving the boneless sirloin, I proceed to cutting. I cut into neat particles of the same size.
- I take a large pot. I grease the edges with olive oil, pour the part to the bottom. I put the pieces in layers, add finely chopped dill, sugar and salt. I close the pan with a lid. I clean the refrigerator for 48 hours.
I serve salted fish with a special sauce made from vinegar, two types of mustard and olive oil. It is enough to mix the components in a separate tank.
How to pickle salmon "under salmon" in oil
Pink salmon is an affordable alternative to the more expensive fish of the Salmon family. Losing salmon in taste, but due to its democratic cost and high prevalence it looks more preferable in the preparation of everyday dishes.
To cook a delicious salmon "for salmon", you need to take a good and fresh fish with a dense structure, uniform color without bright and unnatural shades. When buying fish with head, pay attention to the eyes (should be transparent, not blood or turbid).
- Fillet - 1 kg,
- Vegetable oil - 100 ml,
- Boiled water - 1.3 l,
- Salt - 5 large spoons,
- Bow - 1 head,
- Lemon - half fruit,
- Fresh herbs - to taste.
- I cut fillets into beautiful pieces of the same size. I put aside.
- I turn to the preparation of pickling solution. In the cooled boiled water stir the salt. I put the particles of pink salmon in salted water for 7-9 minutes.
- I take out, let the liquid drain and dip paper towels to get rid of excess salt.
- I take a beautiful glass dish. I spread the salted fish in layers.Each layer of pink salmon is watered with vegetable oil. The finished dish is sent to the fridge for 1 hour.
The cold and salty pink salmon is served on the table, decorated with lemon slices, thin onion half rings and fresh greens.
Salty pink salmon in 1 hour
- Frozen fish fillet - 800 g
- Water - 400 ml
- Salt - 2 tablespoons,
- Olive oil - 100 ml.
- I do not defrost the fillets completely, so that it is easier to cut into portions. I put the neat particles aside.
- Cooking brine. In 400 ml of boiled warm water stir 2 large spoons of salt. To check for sufficient salinity, lower the peeled potatoes. If the vegetable pops up, you can start salting.
- I omit the pink salmon for 6-7 minutes in the prepared solution with salt.
- I catch it, rinse it in cool boiled water to wash off the excess salt. Drying with kitchen paper or napkins to remove liquid.
- I put the parts in glassware, adding olive oil. I spread all the pink salmon and pour out all the olive oil. I put in the fridge for 40 minutes.
After the allotted time, I take it out of the fridge and use it in salads or for making delicious sandwiches. Bon Appetit!
Unusual recipe with spicy sauce
- Fresh fish - 1 kg,
- Table salt - 100 g,
- Sugar - 1 big spoon,
- Orange - 2 things,
- Dill - 1 bunch.
For the sauce:
- Mustard with grains (French) - 20 g,
- Honey - 20 g,
- Vinegar - 20 g,
- Olive oil - 40 g.
- I clean the fish, remove excess parts, rinse thoroughly. I dry the fillets with paper napkins.
- Oranges I cut into thin slices.
- I rub the fillet with a mixture of sugar and salt. I do not hurry, I do it carefully, so that the fish is completely salted.
- I shift pink salmon in a glass cup, pour finely chopped dill. From above I stack thin slices of orange.
- I clean the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Cooking sauce for salted fish. In a small cup, mix French mustard and honey. Add vinegar and olive oil to the mixture. Stir well.
Serving dish with an unusual sauce.
Dry salting method
- Fish fillet - 1 kg,
- Salt - 2 large spoons,
- Sugar - 1 tablespoon,
- Ground pepper - 5 g,
- Bay leaf - 2 things,
- Allspice - 5 peas.
- Gently gut fish, remove fins and head. Cut lengthwise into 2 large pieces. I remove the rib bones and ridge.
- In a separate dish I prepare a mixture of salt, sugar, a pinch of black pepper, bay leaves and a few peas of allspice. I mix.
- I sprinkle the pieces on both sides. I fold and put under the yoke for 24 hours. After the allotted time, I cut into portions and serve.
How easy it is to salt the milk of pink salmon
When salting, it is better to use fresh fish milt. After extraction, the product must be rinsed several times under running water. It is better to proceed to cooking only when the milt is completely dry. It is as simple as possible and unsophisticated. However, you will need to wait about 2 days.
- Milk - 400 g,
- Sugar - 20 g,
- Salt - 20 g.
- I put carefully washed and dried milt in a container.
- I sprinkle with a dry mixture of salt and sugar. If desired, add pepper or other favorite spices. I close the container with a lid. I shake it several times.
- I remove the container in the refrigerator in a closed form for 48 hours. From time to time I open the lid without getting the container.
- After 2 days, the milt is ready to eat.
A more interesting recipe for the preparation of milk pink salmon with the addition of onions and vinegar.
- Milk - 200 g,
- Onions - half the head,
- Vinegar 3 percent - 150 g,
- Salt - 10 g,
- Black Peas - 5 Stuff,
- Lemon, fresh greens - for decoration.
- I add thoroughly washed milk to a clean enameled bowl.
- Pour vinegar, put finely chopped onion. Salt and throw black pepper peas. Gently mix.
- I send in the refrigerator for 7-9 hours.
- When serving, I decorate with lemon slices and sprigs of fresh greens (to taste).
Pink salmon is an incredibly tasty and relatively inexpensive red fish, which in the hands of a skilled hostess will turn into a real delicacy. Cook with pleasure, based on one of the presented recipes. Good luck!