How to password archive?
Password-protected data on a computer is a good way to hide it from unnecessary eyes. The Winrar program is an archiver that allows you to put a strong password on your personal files. With its help, you can password-protect a large amount of information, as it compresses files in the archiving process. This creates a rar archive. How to password archive rar?
- First download the Winrar program on your computer.
- Select the files you want to password.
- Transfer them to a separate folder.
- Right-click on this folder and select "add to archive".
- The archive settings window will open. Here click on the "set password" button.
- Enter the created password twice and note the checkboxes, then click OK.
- The checkbox "show password when typing" means that when you type it, the characters will be visible on the screen and others will be able to see the password. Without a tick, the characters will be displayed on the screen as black circles.
- The checkbox "encrypt file names" will not allow others not only to unpack files, but also to view the contents of the archive.
Done! Your archive is securely password protected.