How to organize video surveillance?
To protect your home, territory or place of work, you can use any security technology that will suit your taste and wallet.
One of the easiest and most effective means is CCTV cameras.
Which camcorder to choose?
Most camcorders are characterized by mobility, simple instructions and ease of use. Modern devices allow you to clearly record all the events taking place, as well as record video on hard media and then transmit over the Internet at any distance. The surveillance system includes cameras, multiplexers, monitors, and DVRs. Next, a little look at two types of cameras: panoramic and real-time cameras.
Panoramic surveillance camera allows you to make video with a wide coverage: it can be 180 or 360 degrees. Panoramic cameras are created using SurroundVideo technology, they allow to transmit digital video in real time with high resolution images.These cameras support the work in two video formats: MJPEG and H.264. Mod DN allows you to use the camera in low light conditions. 12 megapixels have a WDR function, with which you can get an image with a range of up to 100 db. The body of such a camera is shockproof and meets high quality standards. Four sensors of a panoramic camera record four images, which are then glued together by a special program.
A real-time camera is a device that records events in real time. For such a broadcast, you can choose any Arecont Vision camera. The streaming server will give an unlimited number of streams for viewing, and the load will go to the streaming online broadcast server.
How to choose and install a video camera by yourself?
- Select the necessary equipment in the store. It is better to choose a camera that can capture what is happening at a distance of at least 50 meters with a viewing angle of at least 90 degrees. The viewing angle can be fixed or variable. The wider the angle, the smaller the scale of the resulting image. Before buying you need to calculate the number of devices and viewing angles for them.
- Next you need to select the cables and put them in the room, it is best to do this before performing repairs and settling, as it is much easier. The length of the wires must be determined in advance, take into account the installation location of the cameras and the distance between them and other devices.
- Then it's time to start laying the tracks and installing the devices. You will need a tape measure and a sheet of paper to mark the installation locations of the cameras. Distribute the cameras and plan the communications routing.
- Install the equipment and connect it into a single complex, then check the performance of each element.
- The final point is the installation of the software that will manage the system. The program should identify all the cameras, assign them unique IP addresses. After that, configure the devices themselves and start the system in use.
In order to better view the protected area, adjust the camera using the OSD menu and display the image on the monitor. Remember that installing cameras outside the room will require a sealed enclosure that will protect them from adverse weather.It is also important to choose such places for cameras that will not be affected by direct sunlight, as well as moisture. Installation must be done in such a way that the entire area of the frame is lit evenly: do not direct it directly to the sun or bright light. For round-the-clock surveillance, you can choose a video camera with infrared light. Also place the camera in a location from which it will be available for periodic inspections.
Having understood the question and installing video surveillance yourself, you will save money and be able to fix the damage yourself. However, if you are not confident in your abilities, it is better to call an assistant, who will identify and warn of possible mistakes, or turn to professionals.