How to open ports without a router?
The lack of a router is not a reason for panic. After all, you can open ports if there is no router. The need for such an operation may be due to several reasons. For example, for online games, for webcams and other programs.
How to open ports without a router
Consider the 9 necessary steps:
- We need to enter the "Control Panel". To do this, we open the menu "START" and find the appropriate tab. For full access to the menu, select "Small Icons".
- Find Windows Firewall. Run it.
- In the window that appears, click on the caption "Advanced Options". A new window will open before us, the name of which is “Windows Firewall in Advanced Security Mode”. Here, in the list on the left, click on the first line, called "Rules for incoming connections."
- New positions appear in the central window, but we are interested in the right window, where it is proposed to create a new rule. Create it. Immediately, the “Create New Rule Wizard” appears.
- Choose the type of rule that we will create. In this case, "For the port." Click "Next".
- Enter the port number that will be opened. If there is a need to open several ports in a certain range, then all these ports are entered through a dash. For example, ports 27022-27029.
- Now we answer the question posed, that is, what actions will be performed for the installed port. Select the desired and go "Next."
- The next step is to select profiles for which the created rule will be applied. We will install in three positions.
- Next, write the name for the created rule and click "Finish".
Setup is over, now you can open ports without a router. It is worth considering that some antivirus programs can act as a firewall, then it is necessary to make the necessary settings in the antivirus. You should know in advance from your provider all the necessary settings that will allow you to use the port for your own purposes.