How to open a wine without a corkscrew?
Everyone knows to open a bottle of wine - you need to use a corkscrew. However, we often find ourselves in a situation where a corkscrew is forgotten, and a corked bottle with a grape drink becomes useless. But do not despair, there are ways to cope with this trouble. We will describe several options for how to open a wine without a corkscrew.
Ways to open the bottle
- Method 1. Push through the cork. An innocent person can do this. You just need to push the cork inside the bottle. Do this with your finger, a fork handle, a knife or even a screwdriver. The method is simple, effective. But he does not always help. Because constructively the neck of the bottle may taper slightly before expanding into the main flask. Then the cork can get stuck. In addition, pouring wine will be inconvenient - cork floating, will sometimes close the lumen. The advantage of this method is that it is difficult enough to hurt or break a bottle.
- Method 2. You can try to open the cork.This method of how to open a wine without a corkscrew can be applied when none of the known helps. You will need a knife that you need to gradually pick out the cork, chipping off a piece from it. It is advisable not to touch the bottom layer of the tube until it remains a couple of millimeters from it. So, less inedible crumbs crumble into the drink. However, in any case, the wine will have to be poured through a filter (strainer or cheesecloth).
- Method 3. Some craftsmen claim that the cork can be unscrewed with a small knife. Only now this method will require if not skill, then at least skill. It is necessary to take a knife, stick it into the cork as deep as possible and rotate it, pulling the cork. It is important that its blade is narrow, but not too thin, otherwise the knife may break.
- Method 4. The most interesting, but requires the presence of home tools. Take the screw and twist it into the cork in the center. Do not twist completely, leave about a centimeter under the bonnet. Then use a plier to pull the cork out of the bottle.
- Method 5. The most doubtful. Take a syringe and pump a bottle of air through the cork. It is believed that increasing the pressure in the bottle, you push the cork easily.
- Method 6. The most diverse method of how to open a wine without a corkscrew. There are several variants of its execution.
- Wrap the bottle with a towel, starting in the middle and ending at the bottom. Now take the wine so that the bottle is parallel to the floor, and tap it with the bottom of the wall. You will see how the cork will start to be pushed out. It is important not to overdo it, because if the bottle is cracked - you can get hurt.
- The French propose to use shoes instead of towels. To do this, the bottle must be placed in a shoe so that its bottom rests on the place where the heel is usually located. And then, holding this design, tapping his heel on the wall. It is necessary to monitor that the cork does not jump out completely. When more than two-thirds of it appears on the surface, you can remove the cork with your hands.
- Another option is pushing the cork with hydraulic force. You need to tap on the bottom of the wine bottle filled with a plastic bottle. Very convenient, because the absence of a corkscrew suggests that the company is outside the kitchen. A plastic bottle of water or lemonade is an indispensable attribute of any alcoholic activity.
Be warned: it may not be safe to open the bottle without a corkscrew! You can not knock on her bottom too hard for her to break right in her hands. Then the wine will not want, because you have to call a doctor.
As you can see, there are many ways to open a wine without a corkscrew.