How to make polymer clay?
Polymer clay is a unique material with which you can independently create jewelry, statues, small vases, key rings and various trinkets. Today, many dream to learn how to handle this material, so the question arises: "How to make the polymer clay itself?"
First you need to figure out what you can make this type of clay.
During the work you will need:
- 250 grams of corn starch;
- 250 grams of dry PVA glue;
- 2 tablespoons of natural lemon juice;
- 1 tablespoon of vaseline;
- 1 tablespoon of non-fat hand cream that does not contain silicone;
- Spoon for mixing clay;
- Plastic spatula;
- Polyethylene film;
- Substrate for rolling.
After mixing, after preparing the ingredients, approximately 350 grams of plastic mass will be obtained.
- The first ingredient that sinks into the container is starch. After that, glue and petroleum jelly is added. All components are thoroughly mixed until a homogeneous consistency.At the very end, lemon juice is added, after which it is added, the material is mixed and brought to a uniform plastic mass.
- The resulting texture is placed in a microwave. The first heating is about 30 seconds at maximum power, after which the mass must be thoroughly mixed and sent back to the microwave for the same period of time.
- While the consistency is heated in a microwave oven, it is necessary to prepare a substrate and a bowl on which the mass will be laid out. For this, a non-greasy hand cream is applied to the surface of the container used.
- Then the mass is removed from the microwave and laid out in a pre-greased bowl. The heat of the oven often forms a thin crust on the material, so before you start kneading, you must remove the hardened clay. The soft texture is placed on the plate and kneaded for five minutes until an elastic and flexible material is formed.
- The material is almost ready to use. It remains only to wrap the clay in a fabric cloth to extract residual moisture and give the polymer clay a form for more convenient storage.
- After complete cooling of the material, you can start sculpting. This material allows you to implement your own ideas and create your own unique crafts.
- Polymer clay should be stored in a tightly closed container (plastic tray or box with tight-fitting lids). To maximize compliance with the rules of storage, the tank must also be wrapped with plastic or packing film.
- To create a colored material at the time of mixing oil paint or food coloring is added. To create bright shades do not save on coloring matter.
- If in the course of manufacturing you have made harder clay, you should not dispose of the resulting material and start mixing the new one. To soften the clay, it is necessary to warm it up again and knead it with the addition of cream or vaseline.
- If you need to obtain a liquid mass, you must use a special softener-plasticizer clay, which can be purchased at a specialty store.
If you doubt the correctness of your work, watch the video on how to make polymer clay with your own hands, and you can make the right version of polymer clay.