How to make a kaleidoscope?
Watch the video
Such an entertaining thing will surely please a young child, and an older child can be involved in the process of making a toy. You can make a kaleidoscope from thick paper, colored beads and a transparent gift wrapper.
You will need
- cardboard tube (suitable sleeve from toilet paper or paper towels);
- a piece of transparent wrapper (the denser the better);
- colored transparent pebbles, glass beads;
How to make a kaleidoscope do-it-yourself: instruction
- Cut out 2 circles from the gift wrapper, the diameter of which is equal to the cross-sectional diameter of the tube.
- Cut 3 strips from cardboard, stick foil on them. You can take the cardboard from the packaging of milk - it has a reflective surface inside- and cut 3 mirror plates from it.
- Glue the strips tightly together with tape together so that you have a tube with a triangular cross section. Its length should be slightly less than the length of your base bush.
- Insert the triangular tube into the sleeve.At the end of the SLR camera, place the first transparent circle, then empty the beads and stones (you can also use broken glass Christmas-tree decorations).
- Cover the beads with a second transparent circle and tape it to the sleeve with adhesive tape. So you will make the end of your kaleidoscope more durable.
- Cut a disc out of cardboard for the opposite end of the tube. Make a circular hole in the center of the disk. Glue the disc to the sleeve.
- Decorate your kaleidoscope at your discretion with colored paper or cloth scraps.
Attention! Make sure that the small child will not be able to disassemble the toy, because it contains small parts that may be dangerous if swallowed.
Magic kaleidoscope flashlight ready.