How to make a dress for a doll?
Watch the video
Any girl wants her dolls to be beautifully dressed. She comes up with new beautiful dresses in which her favorites will be irresistible. Of course, you can buy a dress for a doll, but it is much more interesting to make a dress with your own hands. So let's learn how to make a dress for a doll.
Make a dress
- The cloth;
Stages of creation:
- First choose a suitable fabric. Looks good velvet or silk.
- Next, draw on paper a large circle - it will be a dress skirt. And in the middle of this circle we draw a small circle so that the doll crawls through.
- Then we draw the back and in front of the product. For this you need to draw two rectangles, draw a hole for the sleeve and neck for them in a semicircle.
- Now we cut these parts, apply them to the fabric, fasten with pins and cut them.
- Next, we sweep away all the details among themselves, to get a dress. Stitches should be small and dense.
- Details of the back does not need to sew, otherwise the dress will not be able to wear onthe doll.It is necessary to sew ribbons that can be tied and untied. Or you can sew a sticky tape of the same color as the dress.
When the dress is ready, we begin to decorate it.
- Below on a skirt it is possible to sew a flounce from lace. Of course, the lace should be chosen to match the dress. Since we sew a dress without sleeves, you can sew lace and holes for the hands.
- You can add a few bows of satin ribbons. It is well suited for straziki and beads, small beautiful buttons, but they should fit well with the color and style of the dress.
- If the child wants a very elegant dress, you can also decorate the bodice of the dress. Rhinestones can be glued to the bodice, you can tie one lush bow.
- You can also make a collar out of lace and sew it to the neck opening.
The main thing is to do everything with your daughter, she will be very pleased.