How to install mods for minecraft?
Modifications or simply mods make it possible to remove or add, make any changes to the original gameplay. Increase creativity and add new unforgettable impressions, you can use a variety of mods for Minecraft. We will talk about how to install mods for Minecraft, to get rid of boredom and diversify virtual life.
Minecraft: how to install mods
Minecraft server provides the user with a variety of mods, among which you can select and install the ones you like. Although it is worth mentioning that the official support and friendly interface for installing modpok is not yet available in Minecraft. How to install the mod? Video clips abound on the Internet will help you visually, we will present the theoretical part.
Turning to the question of installation, we will discuss the two existing types of modes, which are delimited by the way they are installed.
- Mods that are installed by simply copying to the mods folder (the ModLoader loader will hook them further, more on that later).
- Mods installed by modifying the minecraft.jar file. At least once you have to perform this operation, so the boot loaders are installed.
Step 1: minecraft.jar file
So, this is the first thing to do - find this file. The ways to find it are somewhat different for different windows windows. Let us examine these cases.
- For windows 95/98 / XP: in Start we find the line Run, where we write:% AppData%. There you will find the minecraft folder, and in it go to the bin folder. This is where you will see the desired minecraft.jar file.
- For windows vista and 7: we find drive C: in My computer and climb into the Users folder, where we look for the "User Name" - the name of your profile on the computer. Next: AppData, where you go to the folder Roaming. Everything is already familiar here: the folder minecraft and then bin.
Step 2: unpacking the mod
- Clicking on one of the above paths and making a backup of minecraft.jar.
- In the game directory, in the bin dad there is an archiver, with the help of which we open minecraft.jar.
- Open the archive with the mod you like, and select all the files there and drag them to the minecraft.jar archive.
- By the way, do not forget to delete the META-INF folder, otherwise you will not start the game.
If you are using ModLoader, then mods that work through it should be added to the mods folder, which will be created automatically next to the bin folder.