How to get to Riga?
Riga is the capital of Latvia and bears the honorary title of the largest city in the Baltic States. The population in this city is more than 700 thousand people. The city of Riga has various styles of medieval and modern architecture. Due to the historical value of many buildings, Riga is one of the first tourist cities in the world, so many people think about how to get to Riga.
Moscow - Riga
There are several ways to get to Riga from Moscow:
- by air transport. One of the most common types of transport is the plane. By choosing an airline, or you can fly to Riga in just 1 hour and 45 minutes. The minimum cost of a one-way ticket is 5,000 rubles. And if you buy tickets for a few months, then this flight will be even cheaper. Then from Riga Airport you can reach the city center in just 30 minutes.
- by rail. From Moscow to Riga and back daily trains of the company Latvijas Ekspresis, the duration of the journey at the same time - only one night. Departure from Moscow is carried out from the Riga station.Ticket price - from 3000 to 8000 rubles.
- by road. You can take a bus by road. The advantage of the bus is its low price. But the disadvantage is that in a sitting position you need to spend more than 14 hours, which, of course, is very difficult. You can also take the motorway by your own transport. From Moscow to Riga, the M9 motorway leads through Volokolamsk, Rzhev and Velikie Luki. Due to the poor quality of the roads, some drivers prefer to go to Riga via Belarus. But the Latvian highways are already better, although the main roads are no more than two lanes wide. Another lack of movement by own transport is traffic jams at the border. Most often traffic jams form from Latvia to Russia. To obtain permission to enter Latvia by car, you must have an internationally recognized license, as well as a Green Card insurance policy.
St. Petersburg - Riga
Since Riga is closer to St. Petersburg than to Moscow, it will be easier and faster to get from the northern capital:
- If you decide to go on your own car, then on the way you will spend about 8 hours (not counting the passage of customs), breaking with 650 kilometers.But here it is necessary to take into account the fact that toll roads can meet along the way.
- Also, a bus leaves daily from the central bus station in St. Petersburg, which is about 14 hours on the way.
- The main airlines that serve the St. Petersburg-Riga line are airBaltic, Aeroflot, SCC Russia. The time spent on the road is about 1 hour and 20 minutes. Departures are made from Pulkovo Airport (St. Petersburg).
In addition, the St. Petersburg (Vitebsk Railway Station) - Riga train runs every day and takes you from one point to another in just 13 hours. The initial cost of tickets is 2900 rubles.