How to flash the core?
Watch the video
There are cases when a device running on Android needs a kernel firmware. In this case, the kernel means the central part of the operating system, which provides interaction between the hardware and software components of the system.
The article will discuss how to properly flash the kernel.
- The first step is to load the required kernel. If there is a patch to it, then it also needs to be downloaded. To adjust the frequency of the processor, you must also download a special program SetCPU.
- On drive C, you need to create a folder and be sure to call it Android. In order for the kernel firmware to be executed correctly, the specified path must be: C: Android / the name of the kernel image. The kernel image is name_of_boot.img.
- Now you need to enable USB debugging on your phone and restart your phone to bootloader mode and run Fastboot. Then you need to connect the device to the computer using the same cable. The screen displays: Fastboot USB.After that, you can run the command line CMD on the computer.
- Next, you need to enter codes, for example, it may be the following code: fastboot flash boot and the name of the kernel image. If there are any problems at this stage, you need to check the cable: sometimes it may be a problem, and it happens that HTC Sync is not installed with the drivers or the lay on the USB is not included.
- Now you need to restart the phone and leave the file with the patch on the SD card. In recovery mode, you need to install this patch and reboot the device again. Thus, the kernel is flashing.