How to flash Explay?
Watch the video
Many users are interested in how to flashExplay. "Flash a smartphone" means to update its software. In this article, we'll look at two ways to flash an Explay Fresh smartphone: using the SP Flash Tool and using TWRP Recovery.
Prepare for smartphone firmware via SP Flash Tool
SP Flash Tool is a computer program,designed to flash smartphones based on the MTK processor. Before the firmware, save all the data you need from the phone's memory to the SD card, because during the firmware absolutely all data will be deleted.
You must install the driver on your computer,which are available only for the family of Windows operating systems. In order to download the drivers for WindowsXP, WindowsVista and Windows 7, please follow this link. If you have Windows 8 or Windows 8.1, download this driver.
After downloading the drivers from the official Explay site, open the driver archive, open the file "USB VCOM Driver.rar" in the archive. Unzip the contents of the file to your desktop.
Running the program
- Open the "Hardware Installation Wizard" in your operating system.
- Open the "Start" menu, enter in the search boxhdwwiz and press "Enter" twice. In the window that opens, select "Hardware Installation" -> "Selected from the list manually" -> "Next" -> "Show all devices" -> "Next" -> "Install from disk".
- Click on the "Browse" button and specify the path to thedrivers. In our case, specify "Desktop" -> "USB VCOM Driver" and select the folder with the name of your operating system. Each folder has two files. The file is selected depending on the bit depth of your operating system.
- Click on the "Open" button and click on "OK". In the list, select the first driver and press "Enter" twice.
- After the driver is successfully installed, click on the "Done" button.
Downloading the SP Flash Tool
First of all, download the SP Flash Tool from this link. SP Flash Tool is a program for flashing phones based on MTK processors. With this program you can flash another phone.
After that, download the firmware of the latest version from the official website.
Also, on the forums 4pda.ru you can find custom firmware for your phone. Firmware version 1.13 runs on Android version 4.4.2 KitKat.
- Unpack the archive with the firmware. Run the Flash Tool. On the "Options" tab, select "USBMode". In the main window of the program, click on the "Scatter-loading" button. In the opened window, select the folder with unpacked firmware, select the text file "MT6582 Android scatter" and click on the "Open" button.
- We press the button "Firmware-Upgrade". Connect the switched off smartphone to the computer via USB. Next, the process of the firmware will be performed. It will last about five minutes. After completing the firmware, a green circle appears on the white background.
- Disconnect the smartphone from the computer and turn it on. We are waiting for the system to boot, select the language and configure the other parameters. The firmware of the phone is now complete.
Installing custom firmware via TWRP Recovery
TWRP Recovery is a utility for restoring a smartphone system. With its help you can perform backup and restore of the system, install firmware and software.
Below we will consider the method of installing customfirmware Slim Fresh ROM v5. The firmware should be installed only on top of the official firmware version 1.12. Custom firmware is a firmware that is modified by some person or group of people. It has functional advantages over official firmware.
Preparing for firmware
- First of all, install TWRP Recovery. To do this, go to the folder with the firmware version 1.12 and replace recovery.img with this file.
- Run the SP Flash Tool. In the main window of the program, click on the "Scatter-loading" button. In the window that opens, select the folder with the unpacked firmware and select the text file "MT6582_Android_scatter" and click on the "Open" button.
- Remove all the checkboxes from the list, except one, opposite recovery.img. In the program window click on "Download" and click "OK".
- We connect the switched off phone through USB and we wait for the operation termination.
- We download the firmware itself and place it on the root of the SD card.
Install the firmware
- On the phone off, press the volume button up and the screen lock button. In TWRP Recovery, select "Wipe", then "Swipe to Factory Reset".
- Next, click on "Install", select the archive with the firmware on the SD card, then "Swipe to Install". We wait until the firmware is installed.
On this phone firmware Explay Fresh through TWRP Recovery is completed.
Perhaps you will find useful our articles about another device Explay: How to update the navigator Explay and How to use the Explay browser.