How to feed hamsters, or proper nutrition of your furry pet
Each caring owner, acquiring a small, nimble, lively lump called a “hamster,” wishes to see him always healthy. And this will depend primarily on the proper nutrition of the pet, which is a representative of rodents. Before something new to offer his shustriku, you need to think about whether he would eat it, being in its natural habitat - wildlife, or not. Wouldn't that make his tiny tummy ache? Is it possible to get rid of those pesticides and GMOs that, unfortunately, people use? Therefore, it is better not to feed him "human" food.
How to feed hamsters?
The basis of its menu must necessarily be a tasty and nutritious cereal mixture of oats and wheat. What feed hamsters can still? Washed and dried grass, better field or collected away from the roadway.Field grass pellets and special meadow grass hay for hamsters are available. True, the latter is intended for litter. But hamsters eat this hay with great pleasure and benefit.
How to feed hamsters need to be careful?
That concerns for them to delicacies. That is, you can give "goodies", but slightly. These are grains of corn, dried peas, peanuts, sunflower seeds - they contain a lot of vegetable fats, which can cause stress on the liver and metabolic disorders. These should also include sweet fruits (apples, apricots, pears, peaches, bananas), vegetables (beets, cucumbers, carrots, pumpkins, zucchini). They need to sip a little (dry) so that excess moisture does not cause indigestion. Occasionally you can indulge your pet with protein foods - boiled chicken without salt and spices, boiled chicken and quail eggs, a drop of low-fat cottage cheese, milk and kefirchik with a low fat content.
What feed hamsters do not need?
1. Sweet, salty, fatty, smoked and spicy foods.
2. Fresh bread is also not recommended - it can cause bloating of the tummy.
3. Exotic fruits. For them, this is not proper food.
4. Citrus. Besides the fact that they are unusual for these rodents, they also contain a lot of acid, which can cause stomach pain and digestive upset in hamsters.
5. Of vegetables - potatoes, any cabbage, onions and garlic.
6. Leaves of cereals. On their sharp edges, the hamster can damage the oral mucosa or the sacs.
7. Dandelion leaves and yellow flowers. This plant contains caustic sap for pet that can irritate the mouth.
8. Do not give hamsters bones from fruit - they contain prussic acid in a lethal dose.
9. It is not recommended to feed them with hard cheese - there are dyes and spices that are harmful to the body of the rodent. It is spicy, salty and greasy, and this is just the entire list of forbidden flavors.
How to feed a hamster?
For a feeder of this size is usually enough from 1 to 3 teaspoons of the main feed, preferably with herbal granules. Everything else is at the discretion of the owner. A hamster is a twilight animal that sleeps all day, and begins to be awake in the evening. Therefore, it can only be fed closer to the night (personal bins will still be replenished in the right amount).The main thing is to give everything just fresh and high quality. If the hamster began to get better quickly, it's bad! It's time to put him on a diet of less calories and take up sports: let him spin in the wheel, run through the ladders, go down the plastic pipes in his house. But all this will be mostly in the evening.
What do hamsters eat?
In the diet of a cute rodent can not do without vitamins, proteins, fats, carbohydrates, minerals. Their number and proportions should ensure the full functioning of the body and replenish the energy consumed by animals. It is mandatory that a hamster should have clean drinking water. Every pet is a gourmet, it has its individual preferences, without taking this into account. Who, if not the master, will create a paradise life? Who will give their love and attention? Of course, master! And in gratitude for the attention and care, the hamster will slowly turn into a manual, affectionate. With pleasure, she will begin to take a small seed straight from her hands, stuffing it in a sack. Or right on the hands to feast on a piece of an apple. And then, without running away, immediately put yourself in order.